power connetor

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
bergmann
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

power connetor

Post by bergmann »

hey does anyone know if you can change the til power supply port connector the thing in the laptop

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: power connetor

Post by bad_brain »

hm, sure, with a fine soldering iron it should be no problem (if you are skilled with the soldering iron)...the port should be a standard part available at the usual big electronics/hobby shops.
what is the problem? no connection anymore? maybe just the contact pins inside are bent then and you have to align them a little... :-k

bergmann
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by bergmann »

hey and thanks b_b,, and it was one of my friends asked, they told him in the electronics shop, they could not fix it weird , so he finds another shop that can,

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if it fails look for a manufacturer's name and number on the connector device, I'll see if I can retrieve it then... :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Just make sure the new part can handle the voltage and current ratings of the power supply. For replacement parts go to http://www.digikey.com - my favorite place to get parts.

I use solder wick to remove through hole components. This is a type of copper braided wire that will soak up the solder when heated with a soldering iron.

Also you want to be very careful on computer motherboards only because they are often up to 20 layers and damage to inner layers can happen without any visible signs.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ