Secure email providers?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Secure email providers?

Post by reparto »

First of all, is there such a thing???

I am on Gmail but I am not happy with their relationship with NSA/FBI/CIA. Any suggestions on other services I could use?
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Secure email providers?

Post by bad_brain »

I wouldn't trust any mail service that I am not having under my complete control....for special purposes I am using a provider in the Ukraine, but it's really only good for sending/receiving quick messages (unless you are willing to learn cyrillic)....and of course I don't use it without a good vpn (which applies to all my online activity though).

but I heard suck-o.com is offering fine email services to selected individuals... :wink:

reparto

Post by reparto »

I don't think its worth me learning cryllic really, just a hunch... :wink:

What kind of solutions are available? I am guessing VPS is out of the question, would you suggest building a small private mail server and have it connected to the internet via an anonymous VPN, I could then access emails directly from the machine or via a panel with HTTPS.

I would prefer to have a personal solution rather than rely on someone else's, its more to do with me changing things so it works for me, and also its probably time I started to properly learn to use linux.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, to run an own mail server you will need a proper hostname and best also a rDNS record set.
having no proper hostname will get 90% of your mails bounced (gmail will reject them for example), having no rDNS record can work well but you might have to deal with the host getting blacklisted every now and then...which is usually solved quick with a mail to the blacklist provider (or ISP), but some ISPs are very bitchy about it, like Bellsouth (a customer server got blocked there 3 times already and I kinda gave it up now because their support sucks).

so for a halfway reliable home server you will at least need a domain and (depending on your ISP) dynamic DNS services....and best rDNS services too.

if you are willing to go through it, and yes, it would be a great way to get into Linux, I highly recommend to use Postfix instead of Exim...simply because it's way better to configure.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I'll go with b_b.

If you want such a service, then there could be an alternative, i.e., to go for disposable email service.

I wanna ask, is there any such FREE disposable email service/script available which we can host on our server and run?
There are such paid services/scripts, but I don't wanna pay for it.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

reparto

Post by reparto »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote: If you want such a service, then there could be an alternative, i.e., to go for disposable email service.
Thing is a disposable email service is only useful for sending the odd message to someone. I want a secure general use email service, it seems the only host that sells this service is PRQ (piratebay and wikileaks host). There is also Ecatel (they allegedly do nothing to people who use their services to host botnets/booters/exploits and I have also been told they are Dutch offshore) but you have to purchase via a reseller as they only sell dedicated servers and the resellers all advertise heavily on skid forums so its difficult to tell who is genuine.

I am not sure if it will be practical to have my own mail server, I am moving out to my flat for 9 months in just over 4 weeks and I don't know the state of the internet connection. Its a shared house and getting a wired connection may not be easy even with a powerline adapter.

I suppose I could try and find a decent offshore host, get a VPS and then tunnel its connection through a VPN. If the VPN is shared then it would like random traffic and may conceal the location of my mail server.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

there are a few good offshore providers, for a decent anonymity you should check what payment options they offer...BTC is the way to go, everything else leaves too many traces.
so yeah, PRQ seems to be a good one in that context.

same applies to the VPN provider. the point is not if the IP is shared because there is an entry- and an exit-node, so the exit IP can not be assigned to a user anyway (by your ISP for example), the point is the data being logged by the VPN provider in this context.....have a look at Mullvad, I can recommend them.

if it's just about a couple of email addresses (no mass/spam/virus mailing) I could still offer you mail services on my servers, they aren't located in the USA and only I have log access.
all you would need is a domain, and even there I could make you a special privacy deal. :wink:

@z3r0aCc3Ss
hm, nope, been looking around and the ones I found either are offline or totally outdated, or they lead to the same crappy platform with different names....you know, the one that is "free" but cost 49 bucks. :roll:

reparto

Post by reparto »

I have been thinking hard about this and realistically, unless the RFC standards enforce public key encryption on all emails then its practically useless to try and have secure email since the security has to be enforced on both ends.

I think I might be able to get my own email server up, I am currently going through different mobile broadband providers so I can get a consistent connection. The only thing I need to worry about is a somewhat dynamic IP address.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins