ok i hate new pcs i want my old p4 back

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Oppconsulting
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

ok i hate new pcs i want my old p4 back

Post by Oppconsulting »

hey yall hey BB been gone a year or more

ok i have allot of spec pics for yall then i will explain

8/3/2014 7:53 PM 55.78 Mbps 11.68 Mbps 50.141.138.161 Chicago, IL

broadband speed nothing will run that fast except torrents maybe 20 or 15

i just know the browser will crawl with 3 tabs

here is the pc info
memory
memory
2014-08-03 19_48_14-CPU-Z.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 668 times
2014-08-03 19_48_02-CPU-Z.jpg
2014-08-03 19_48_02-CPU-Z.jpg (34.92 KiB) Viewed 668 times
2014-08-03 19_46_55-CPU-Z.jpg
2014-08-03 19_46_55-CPU-Z.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Ok its a hp omni all in one

120-1132

The problems

wow where to start

ok first i hate win7 ok the facts

i stripped win 7 because its close to xp and know some of it

i to make it short shut nags off security center etc

i use a take ownership hack because i hate how 7 trys to lock you out

these have nothing to do with problems or causing them

problems

runs like crap its a dual core 4 meg pc running 64 bit os

i can lock it tight with 3 or so programs

just using friefox can max out the cpu

ram almost always fine maybe 50 percent but its hard to get it to use that much mem

i use old less resource heavy versions of everything

old firefox old everything unless new is needed ( i do test new like firefox new version froze this pc solid two tabs)

i am at the end of my old pc knowledge i dont know these new pcs

all i know is one thing

i had a intel almost identical specs same ram etc

and when board i would play can i freeze this B%$$ solid i was lucky if i could minor slow it one time 20 apps 3 fire fox windows

o that was sweeeeet but it blew up ](*,) :-({|=

i had a extended warranty with the place they gave me 3 options 900 or less in cash or my hard drive back or get this one

well i looked the specs over i dont know these new pcs but it looked good and was more specs than the other pc they were offering so i picked this one!!

it has never run acceptable since day one

to many issues to list but all narrow down to win 7 and cpu

i know win 7 is a problem because

i tried a version of ubuntu that had the windows looking interface zorin

it ran fast booted fast everything but like new pcs im not a linux person

i gave linux close to a year everyday on a forum

ubuntu may be pretty but it always gos to the dam kernel

i learned dos i dont have patience to learn kernel or thes fancy thousand choices of ram cpu everything it got to complex

i have a old 5 pound hp pent 4 laptop with xp im going back to and this will be the wifes problem

i just though i would give it one last try i even got desperate and tried software nothing helps

thanks guys
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

visser

Re: ok i hate new pcs i want my old p4 back

Post by visser »

lots to respond to lol

windows is fucking shit as it is because of alllll the crap it tries to do for you. The reason it never uses so much ram is because when it starts getting on the higher end of percentage usage of ram it tries to write some of this ram to the page file. Then y ou add in the fact that you are on a laptop so if you hdd isnt a 7200rpm its gonna access that page file even slower. I hate windows and am biased against it because of the stupid safe searches, bull shit need to defrag a hard drive, and this thing they call a registry... what the fuck is a big database of SHIIIIIIIIITTTTTT needed for. o and then we add in the whole thing that it can pick up spam/malware like a dirty whore from Detroit. so if your shit isnt running clean then its going to run evveeennnn slower. O and did i mention that whole thing about when you install a windows program sometimes it installs other programs like trial ware, or my personal favorite web toolbars. if you have any of those just kill em, i see a lot of people using silly yahoo toolbars, avg toolbars. its just bloated crapware. it sounds like any of these problems could be yours.

as far as linux goes ubuntu should be shot in head like a horse thats going mad in its old age hahaha Its a really awesome system but the whole unity ui is just killing their user base. Hence a lot of people are jumping ship to things like linux mint (its debian based so its like what ubuntu shouldve been) or my personal favorite arch linux. Arch will make for a crap server though because of its rolling release strategy but its user wiki is bar none the best.

all in all, grab yourself a beer and hold on tight you have a sick puppy on your hands as far as that laptop is concerned haha

*pops beer* good luck buddy
AKA Scottyrabbit

software engineers unite!

//When my words are remembered its because my actions were loud enough.