secure web browser

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

secure web browser

Post by Kirk »

so what is a good web browser these days? use to be FF but I have been hearing some messed up stuff about them.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: secure web browser

Post by bad_brain »

phew...."the best browser" is an almost religious topic. :lol:

personally I use Chrome...it's fast, not as buggy as FF, and there's a nice amount of useful plugins (like the DoNotTrackMe one, which I highly recommend).
so technically it's imo the best browser. what makes a browser really secure though is the user. many people complain about the private data policy of Google, but hey, if you use a whole bunch of google services like gmail and whatnot under you real name and then connect everything through the Chrome browser it's your fault when you're easily profiled.

there are a whole bunch of browsers that claim to be "super secure" and "protect your privacy"....but that just gives you a feeling of security that can easily make you dally with your online behavior. additionally those browsers simply give you "extra security" by disabling all kinds of features which makes browsing the net really annoying.

so the way I roll is: Chrome, good VPN, only fake google accounts (if you really need one anyway), and using a few plugins like "DoNotTrackMe" and "Window Name Eraser" for extra privacy.

DigitalGangster

Post by DigitalGangster »

tor offers privacy by routing you through several nodes and encryption but that can slow your connection down a bit bouncing around.

Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Broken Angel »

DigitalGangster wrote:tor offers privacy by routing you through several nodes and encryption but that can slow your connection down a bit bouncing around.

TOR is nothing but FF my friend...! So, it won't help...

I agree with BB on this one... I also like Chrome most of the times and not because it is more stable but also because it is less buggy and faster as compared to FF... you can actually feel the difference...
for a person who has Google accounts and uses to make payment throughout Google Wallet and all it's awesome... I can be sleeping and making payments lol...

and I will personally Kill someone who says IE is his/her's fav :evil: :evil: :evil:
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Pretty much agree with BB on everything except for the privacy thing, but that's because I believe that privacy is overrated.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

ph0bYx wrote:Pretty much agree with BB on everything except for the privacy thing, but that's because I believe that privacy is overrated.
True... If you are online then you are done... you can actually forget about things being Private anymore.. also I read somewhere that Facebook makes fake profiles by Pic Tagging and things man... this is just going off the board or already have...

I don't use Facebook anymore but then again just saying being Online and Privacy will soon be following Opposite Directions...

More Online = Less Privacy

-Broken Angel

Hiram

Post by Hiram »

I think secure browsing and casual browsing require different browsers.
I use chrome for secure browsing, like accessing my emails, but casual browsing
becomes boring. No video downloading add on has ever worked for me when using chrome.

So; I use firefox for casual browsing; and I also still use internet explore. Other
software can come in and help with protection, where 'secure browsing' limits you.
This World, this Universe, belongs to All in it;
you just have to know exactly where you belong!!!

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

So; I use firefox for casual browsing; and I also still use internet explore. Other
software can come in and help with protection, where 'secure browsing' limits you.

OMG you should not use Internet Explorer... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

-Broken Angel

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Well, since IE is integrated into Windows, and is still available for programs to use; you can't really never use it. Best to keep it updated, even if you never click the icon.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]