Online Tutoring?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Dr-Chambers
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Online Tutoring?

Post by Dr-Chambers »

Just being on here has taught me a lot within a short space of time.

So I got to ask, does anyone teach online?

Really want to get familiar with the computer.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Online Tutoring?

Post by ayu »

Well, I don't, BUT I can recommend youtube or https://www.pluralsight.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We use the second one at work and it's really great :D
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I simply don't have enough time, but have a look here:

https://www.udacity.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they offer a lot of free courses too, for example I am interested in this one:
https://www.udacity.com/course/client-s ... ion--ud897" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I have used and still use Lynda, Udemy, Udacity, VTC, Pluralsight, Store River eLearning.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:I have used and still use Lynda, Udemy, Udacity, VTC, Pluralsight, Store River eLearning.
your thoughts about udacity? had not much time yet to really get into it, joined the course I've linked though....been active in the course for amazing 9 seconds yet... #-o :lol:

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

bad_brain wrote:
z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:I have used and still use Lynda, Udemy, Udacity, VTC, Pluralsight, Store River eLearning.
your thoughts about udacity? had not much time yet to really get into it, joined the course I've linked though....been active in the course for amazing 9 seconds yet... #-o :lol:
I've done one course on data analytics. Albeit Udacity has some focus, they lack in-depth knowledge. Anyway, none of the websites I mentioned deliver the complete spectrum.
Specially with their nano-degree programs, one can flaunt :lol:
In the end, they're all the same, but if you're getting some certification from Stanford or MIT, it's worth paying for. For the latest real-time world experiences, you've to find your own case studies.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Experience (whether from a job or a personal project) trumps any and every certificate. I did some fairly extensive research into online certifications and read a bunch of testimonials from recruiters and HR personnel regarding certification and only a small number mentioned it to be relevant, and absolutely 0 said that certification is better than experience. Of course if you plan to work as a sysadmin in a HUGE corporation where you would be just a row in a spreadsheet, the RHEL certification might be valuable.

I fairly regularly buy courses on Udemy where they are on discounts almost 24/7 (average course cost around $10). Yeah you get a certification, but what is more valuable is that experts are teaching you, you have a lifetime access to the course and as the technology evolves the instructors refresh their courses to always be up to date.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

absolutely right ph0. the topics I am interested in are, like the one I've linked, simply too boring to read....I mean, who would seriously spend night with reading a book about the http protocol... :lol:
such courses are great for learning basics and background knowledge, but for practical applications real life experience is always the best. I became some kind of Woocommerce expert over the last year for example...not because I wanted to, because I had to. learning that way is often pretty annoying though, but in the end it's the most rewarding way too.

Dr-Chambers

Post by Dr-Chambers »

Thanks for the info.