HP dc7800p boot up from usb failure

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: HP dc7800p boot up from usb failure

Post by ayu »

Thesk wrote: finally i found a solution =D> ... i think :-k
it seems that the BIOS has a built in security feature that prevents specific kinds of bootable ISO's or Bootable media to "load and execute data in the boot sequence". it doesn't say what it allows to boot and what it does not allow, it is an option called "Data Execution Prevention" in the Security section of the BIOS....
i've now disabled that feature, and that finally allowed me to boot into the USB media created by the MS creation tool.

scheisse ... i'm never buying one of these HP business pc's ever again. #-o #-o :^o [-X

to answer where i live in DK, i live in a city called Varde which is around 15 km from Esbjerg, 52 km (45 min car drive) from Billund INT. Airport
and 300 km (3 h 10 min car drive) from CPH INT. Airport.

you can fly from CPH INT. Airport to Billund INT. Airport which is a little expensive
Copenhagen, Denmark —> Billund, Denmark
Nonstop (1–4 per day) 50 min flight price is ranging from 1200 DKK ~ 200 $ USD

lastly you can board a train from CPH to Varde, with 3-4 train shifts takes approximately 4-5 hours and the price is 400 DKK ~ 66 USD
Awesome! :D

Oh, okay. Well I live like 10 minutes from Copenhagen, so thought if you lived close we could meet up for lunch someday :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Thesk
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Thesk »

cats wrote:
Oh, okay. Well I live like 10 minutes from Copenhagen, so thought if you lived close we could meet up for lunch someday :)
Say whaat?... i thought you where canadian or from USA or somethin' like that ?? ...

Do you speak DK ... ?
The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.

- Prince -

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Thesk wrote: Say whaat?... i thought you where canadian or from USA or somethin' like that ?? ...

Do you speak DK ... ?
We are going a bit off-topic here now, so if you want to talk more then I suggest you join our IRC (or start a thread about this elsewhere) ;).
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"