Avg with firewall

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Avg with firewall

Post by ilkjester »

Has anyone used the avg antivirus with the firewall how do you think the firewall works. Is it any good or should I find another one.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

k, I have to say I have never used it, but I looked around on the net for some tests. the firewall seems to be not really good, only 1 of 12 leakage tests were blocked, but the biggest problem imo is the fact that the app has no self-protection check....this means malware could turn off the firewall or even delete it! the virus scanner seems to be ok, but too less archive formats are supported (only ARJ, CAB, RAR and ZIP).
I've heard f-secure is good, also bitdefender:
http://www.f-secure.com/home_user/produ ... s2007.html
http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-2141 ... y-v10.html

:wink:

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, b_b, i use AVG and Sygate for my antivirus and firewall, and i can say that they both have worked well for me. AVG updates each day for me. Also, the compression formats aren't a big deal because it has to extract the file to run it, and avg has a live scanner and will block any malicious programs from running.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, well, like I said, I have never used it so I can't really judge it.... :wink:
I'm still using Norton... :oops: but when I have DSL I'll use my Linux box for online stuff anyway (either that or I'll set it up as gateway with firewall and clamd) so I can get rid of those apps on my XP box.

z3mwaz
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by z3mwaz »

my mom used AVG on her business comuter in her shop, and everyweek she was callin me needing help with virus' or malware.
i finally downloaded Zone Alarm Security Suite for her and she hasnt called me since. lol maybe i should reinstall AVG so she'll call lol
“Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity.”