Bye Bye Bill Gates!!??

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Bye Bye Bill Gates!!??

Post by eggplan21 »

I heard a rumor that google is coming out with a new thing were it saves your harddrive and you upload your files and all sorts of crazy stuff

They say you won't even need an operating system which means windows and bill gates are finally done for good :twisted: but what about linux :cry: hmmmm we'll see i guess...well folks this may be the end of hacking :( NOOOO :!: I am excited yet sad because god knows i'm not hacking into Google. Someone reply if they have more information on this...wait now that i think about it hacking was just made easier...just get their cookies and your in 8) ahh i might like this afterall anyway reply if you heard thiss to or have any more information or opinions thanks

Eggplan21

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

hmmm, 1st off hacking will never die, because its a mental attitude towards any type of technology, its an essence, not just bypassing network security...

i havnt heard anything about google doing this, the amount of space and the money that would be required to contain the amount of data of millions...billions of users is very vast, almost unimaginable, and alot would have to be able to handle customizations, and the security would be attacked so much....bandwidth would also be an issue...think about this...you have a computer network with everybodies data on it, you have all these people constantly accessing this information over the internet, you have the staff constantly updating and managing the network, as well as the millions of hackers black, gray and white hat all attacking it every day, every hour...its just not plausible and definitly not a smart move by a company...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I have seen something about it on Giga-TV (german computer TV-station), but I don´t think it has a future. I mean, it would give Google control about all your files, and hey: Google is as hungry for money and power as Microsoft, so I wouldn´t trust them for a second. Google went downhill in the last years, and it´s their own fault: Just look at the search results, first 2 pages nothing but commercial rip-off crap or ebay adverts, and they´re spying their users as much as possible, so more and more users switch to other search-machines like metacrawler.
So I think it´s nothing but a lame attempt to polish up their image in the media. Microsoft may disappear in the long run because of its completely distrust to it´s own customers, but Unix has been there long before MS and it will be still there when MS is gone, for business solutions there is no alternative to Unix and the Linux distros become better and better so more private users will leave MS. And not even Vista will save MS, it´s nothing but a buggy XP extension anyway (3D desktop, what a useless crap is that? and not to forget the "nice" DRM-thing).
So hacking will not die, in opposite, Vista will be like Disneyland for hackers ... :lol:

eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by eggplan21 »

Alright thanks guys i guess the future looks bright for hacking!!!

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

another thing that we should question is how do U define Hacking,

for some it is network bypassing, for some it is data retrieval.

now if we talk about OS es. I mean NONE of all the OSes are good.

this is because everybody wants to see a other thing. the perfect OS is allways in some1s mind. however only a few can create an OS.

also if google where to control your data this could get interesting.

I mean for Google to transfer that much data must mean we can exploit it.

well ne ways im bored and going to bed ><

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

n3rd wrote: now if we talk about OS es. I mean NONE of all the OSes are good.
well, imo it´s more a problem of the users. even the best OS is worthless when the user is a total computer illiterate. give one of these people a fully patched and up2date system and they´ll ruin it...like one of my professors said:
you can create a virus, name the file VIRUS! and mass-mail it with a warning NOT to open it because it´s a virus, there´ll be enough people which will still open the file

:wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

and amazingly that has been done time and time again... :roll: