My idea of the perfect anti virus/security program

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
ayu
Staff
Staff

My idea of the perfect anti virus/security program

Post by ayu »

There has been a lot of discussion about which anti virus is the best and so on, and to be honest i don't think there is. Just about all the AV's that i have used has some sort of minus, because when i use a program i want FULL control over what it does, and i never get it. So this is my idea of the perfect security program.

Let's call it Ûber Anti-virus

As i mentioned before i want to have freedom in my software, meaning if i don't tell it to start THAT file every time i log on it shouldn't!

So here is the main parts of it, each of them has one process each to start. And it only starts if i enable it, and i can disable it in a flash without the program asking me a bunch of "ARE YOU SURE?!?! THIS CAN BE TOTALLY UNSECURE YOU KNOW" messages.

To keep track of the processes the files will always have "U" as the first letter.

1: The main program (menu and options) (Umain.exe)
2: The virus scan (Uscan.exe)
3: The incoming data checker (Uincch.exe)
4: E-mail scanner (Uemscan.exe)
5: Firewall (Ufirew.exe)
6: Spyware / Adware and other unwanted data scanner (Usau.exe)

The program in general:
Some things are special for all processes, one is that all the processes has separate ignore lists (lists for ignoring certain files that you do not want it to delete or detect). Also, the software is totally free (but closed source) and never connects to a server (like norton does for activation and such) and never listens for incoming connections in any way. The only time it connects would be when it downloads an update. And when you have installed the software it NEVER starts ANYTHING until you have chosen it yourself in the option inside the program. Also the computer resource usage of the program needs to be worked on like hell so that you can actually use programs like....mspaint and such while having the AV active.

The virus scanner:
The virus scan is very special because it should be "experimental friendly" meaning that it has an ignore list that it checks when it scans, this means that you could add files to the list to be ignored (like Trojans that you have downloaded for test use). A good thing to add would be a very encrypted password for the ignore list and an encryption that changes randomly every hour or something, if you have it enabled that is. This could be good since people probably would aim for making viruses that adds itself to the ignore list. Also the removal of the virus should be very special. Instead of just trying to remove the file as many other AV's does, it should make a lot of different tries to first SHUT OFF THE DAMN VIRUS PROCESS so that the damn file can be removed.

The incoming data checker:
This process checks all the incoming data for malicious code that is not on your ignore list, just as all the processes it has to be enabled to run and does not start if you do not want it to.

E-mail scanner:
If you receive E-mail on your computer this could be a good scanner. It scans all the incoming E-mail for malicious code. Has to be enabled and does not start if you do not choose it in the "menu / options" program.

Firewall:
Should have a lot of different options like "block all data on all ports" and "block all data on all ports except these ones" and "block only these ports" and so on. It should have easy options on what to block. Same as above about the start.

Spyware / Adware and other unwanted data scanner:
Same as the Anti-virus, just that i want to have my virus checker and spyware checker separated. Mostly because some people might have another spyware scanner that they like and don't want to use this softwares version, and it lowers the scan time a bit.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"