Problem with a game. Installed fine then doesnt work!

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Problem with a game. Installed fine then doesnt work!

Post by Swan »

Well I downloaded a game, and I mounted the file with Daemon tools, and setup runs and the game is properly instaled no issues no problems. I can then play the game with no hinderance or problems.

However, upon rebooting my computer, whenever I try and play the game, I cant. An error message pops up stating that a file is missing. This happens only when I turn off or restart my machine, and this is despite the file remaining mounted.

This actually happended with another game, i thought it was an error for the other game and I deleted it, and regret it. Any help guys?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Problem with a game. Installed fine then doesnt work!

Post by ayu »

baron_samedi wrote:Well I downloaded a game, and I mounted the file with Daemon tools, and setup runs and the game is properly instaled no issues no problems. I can then play the game with no hinderance or problems.

However, upon rebooting my computer, whenever I try and play the game, I cant. An error message pops up stating that a file is missing. This happens only when I turn off or restart my machine, and this is despite the file remaining mounted.

This actually happended with another game, i thought it was an error for the other game and I deleted it, and regret it. Any help guys?

What file is missing then?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Heres your problem:
Well I downloaded a game
seeing that you installed it is your problem. BUY THE GAME! When dealing with torrent's viruses half my life, I came to know, somethings arnt worth the download, especially when they come with 'hidden features'. Most likely the game failed during reboot because the computer resetted its memory and lost all allocation with that program, plus the program could have crashed and probley did. Try to find another copy of the game, reinstall, and scan for viruses. If during installation it skipped a file, then this is simple by reinstalling to get missing applications back. If reinstalling doesnt work, the install file isnt pack with all the files it needs and you need to find a new one. :roll:
Hope you found this of any use. :wink: