What could I do with Small Harddrives...

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

plug in btw keyboard? why not cut a cable

Post by DNR »

What I like to see from the suck-o members is someone to take apart a computer and build a smaller 'blackbox' that can be plugged inline to any computer cable (coax, twisted pair) and sniff all the data that comes by.

Why would this be cool? Check out those 'internet kiosks' I saw one a few months ago, where you can use a similar kiosk to buy movie tickets. When I peeked behind the kiosk, it was just a computer network setup.
The CC data was probably not very well protected as this was inside a mall, and the movie theater assumes physical security would protect the data vs encryption. I noticed that some ATM machines are no more than a cheap OS with a modem to call out.

So why don't users try to breakdown a mobo,power supply, hd, and build a blackbox (sort of like a laptop, but the keyboard, and monitor are removable and not left with the BB..

anyways..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

kill3r
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by kill3r »

WOW... 8O thanks for all the info,i think i'll run Linux on it,it could fit and run on the 3gig right??

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Yea, they are some linux distros with under 3gig installation requirements. ^^
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Re: plug in btw keyboard? why not cut a cable

Post by floodhound2 »

DNR wrote:What I like to see from the suck-o members is someone to take apart a computer and build a smaller 'blackbox' that can be plugged inline to any computer cable (coax, twisted pair) and sniff all the data that comes by.

Why would this be cool? Check out those 'internet kiosks' I saw one a few months ago, where you can use a similar kiosk to buy movie tickets. When I peeked behind the kiosk, it was just a computer network setup.
The CC data was probably not very well protected as this was inside a mall, and the movie theater assumes physical security would protect the data vs encryption. I noticed that some ATM machines are no more than a cheap OS with a modem to call out.

So why don't users try to breakdown a mobo,power supply, hd, and build a blackbox (sort of like a laptop, but the keyboard, and monitor are removable and not left with the BB..

anyways..

DNR

I think i have done this PM me for more information.

:twisted:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Re: plug in btw keyboard? why not cut a cable

Post by computathug »

floodhound2 wrote:
DNR wrote:What I like to see from the suck-o members is someone to take apart a computer and build a smaller 'blackbox' that can be plugged inline to any computer cable (coax, twisted pair) and sniff all the data that comes by.

anyways..

DNR

I think i have done this PM me for more information.

:twisted:
Now this is what i call a project XD

i would like to implement something like this with the above :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

You got it.

The old age of tapping analog telephonelines for recording converstations of a cheating spouse, just evolves like new automobile technology.

Telco is now digital, people now use mobile wifi devices, cellphones, and computers for commo. So the 'tapping' technology has to evolve as well.

Those that do not evolve, die. :lol:

DNR

BTW C-thug (my man!) lets have lunch soon... :wink:
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

BTW C-thug (my man!) lets have lunch soon...
Now that sounds like another cracking idea 8)