fuck u aim toolbar

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

fuck u aim toolbar

Post by isapiens »

Today i woke up and turned out my computer.

I open up firefox and guess what?! Aim toolbar is quietly chilling up top and all my bookmarks are gone. wtf wtf wtf is this some aim toolbar spyware i got?#(##92#@@!!!

as gogeta said "back up your shit"

I never thought about backing up bookmarks but now i will.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I use de.lic.us bookmarks. So I have them stored online and nothing can happen to them there but I still make up back ups of them!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

Lyecdevf wrote:I use de.lic.us bookmarks. So I have them stored online and nothing can happen to them there but I still make up back ups of them!
de.lic.us? No results :P

del.icio.us

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

backing up the settings for the browser and clients (email, ftp, ssh, etc.) is inevitable imo, it saves a LOT of time after a new setup. I mean, look at my bookmarks:

I also once forgot to save them. it was THAT annyoing to get them all back so I never forgot it again.... :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

solutions

Post by DNR »

in effort to be a user-friendly/harmless app, AIM might not have deleted your links.

You might uninstall AIM, and reinstall, selecting "no" or uncheck the box that says you want the AIM toolbar.

let me know, the above might not work for current versions.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

That's what happen when you click next,next,next,yes,ok :wink:

The same thing happened to me when I installed msn plus for the first time... Damn sponsor... And for your bookmarks, even if you can't see them, try this:

c:\Documents and settings\YOUR_NAME_HERE\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profile\RANDOM_LETTERS_AND_NUMBERS\bookmarks.html

Tell me if it works.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

bad_brain wrote:backing up the settings for the browser and clients (email, ftp, ssh, etc.) is inevitable imo, it saves a LOT of time after a new setup. I mean, look at my bookmarks:

I also once forgot to save them. it was THAT annyoing to get them all back so I never forgot it again.... :lol:
Privat? Today's teen? :lol:

I usually get rid of all my bookmarks on purpose, if it was that interesting in the first place I should have been able to memorize it.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

c:\Documents and settings\YOUR_NAME_HERE\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profile\RANDOM_LETTERS_AND_NUMBERS\bookmarks.html
Thanks for the solution Nerdz. There was a folder named bookmarkbackups and it had backups for the past 5 days and thats all i needed. You saved me lots of trouble.

Btw, i didnt install aim, i had it before. But i might have updated it or smth... very shady business, but i am safe now.

Thanks a lot everyone.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

bad_brain wrote:backing up the settings for the browser and clients (email, ftp, ssh, etc.) is inevitable imo, it saves a LOT of time after a new setup. I mean, look at my bookmarks:

Canada folder for the win!! I have about 50 links in my bookmarks, I tend to just remember all the links I use a lot.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe...my "immigration howto"-links are in there... :)

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

lol bad brain

you do what i do

i check bugmenot.com for passes on this site

a while back i checked and saw so i tested them to see if they worked,if they did i wouldv told you..trust me im not lying.lol and 4 those who think i am.stfu

but nup u already banned em
lol

jasonxxx102

Post by jasonxxx102 »

I use opera you have a personal webpage that stores all of your bookmarks its much easier... all you have to do is double click the tab bar... But maybe you should torrent so much 8O :lol:

and for you rhysh I wouldnt mess around with the guys here at suck-o but thats just my opinion...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

jasonxxx102 wrote: and for you rhysh I wouldnt mess around with the guys here at suck-o but thats just my opinion...
he just meant he checked bugmenot too for working suck-o.com passes and none worked because I do the same regularly...;)

jasonxxx102

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Oh lol my bad :oops: