windows clone React OS

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
luggyx
Life time student
Life time student

windows clone React OS

Post by luggyx »

Code: Select all

React Operating System

ReactOS® is an advanced free open source operating system providing a ground-up implementation of a Microsoft Windows® XP compatible operating system. ReactOS aims to achieve complete binary compatibility with both applications and device drivers meant for NT and XP operating systems, by using a similar architecture and providing a complete and equivalent public interface.

ReactOS is the most complete working model of a Windows® like operating system available. Consequently, working programmers will learn a great deal by studying ReactOS source code and even participating in ReactOS development.

ReactOS has and will continue to incorporating features from newer versions and sometimes even define the state of the art in operating system technology.

In short, ReactOS is aiming to run your applications and use your hardware, a free operating system for everyone!

Please bear in mind that ReactOS 0.3.4 is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature complete and is not recommended for everyday use. 
Guys what so you think about it :)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Sounds pretty cool. I'll definitely keep my eyes on this project, cuz i may want to use this when it's ready for every-day use.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

luggyx
Life time student
Life time student

Post by luggyx »

ReactOS 0.3.3 version is for every day using now ;) http://www.softsea.com/review/ReactOS.html

I am testing it now :)

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

the thing that im interested the most is
if it will run applications as good Windows.
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Since i find this a very interesting topic, i'm going to sticky.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

luggyx
Life time student
Life time student

Post by luggyx »

ReactOS 0.3.4 is ready ,now they working on 0.3.5. They added same new stuff but it's still pretty small and attractive :)

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

hehe i've tried it about 2 years ago i think 8) feels good to see it's still alive and they're working harder then ever, when i tried it, it had close to no functionality :d, might test it again when i get my test pc ready
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.

luggyx
Life time student
Life time student

Post by luggyx »

React OS project is growing day after day. Now they tested new version 0.3.7 results are impressing but they still got work to do. Test results : http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Tests_for_0.3.7 :)

skip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by skip »

another free OS? looks awesome. i wonder if they can play games, i mean the new ones. :D
Image Image Image

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

One day I may not need a windows box at all. That would be a cool day!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I decided to move this to "General Computing" instead, due to the fact that it is more fitting there. The post, however, remains stickified. If any other staff disagrees, then just move it back and remove this post, and if any other member disagrees, then just contact staff : )
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"