computer rambling

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

computer rambling

Post by nightkid »

i've been reading txt files lately that are pretty outdated but they were really helpful at one point, and still are as most computer systems are outdated since most people just want their computer to "get up and go" for msn or something similar. People act like hacking/cracking/phreaking can be so hard (from listening to people around my area asking me things,IRC and the noob boards =P *not this site*)
while computers are magnificent machines that have created a whole new world for some people, the virtual world. they are still a system, a system has protocols, a system has rules. i've been asked from local people about a error for msn or a program crashed and brought up a error code and i get a headache from "i open the program again and it just does it again, it should work since it quit" (yeah, kinda sad) google is your friend, i've solved many errors on both windows and linux just by googling the error code and sure enough, a solution to make everything run smooth again. i guess some people think that if a computer is messing up and they try to fix it the computer will come to life and strangle them with the mouse cord for attempting to change something....since after all it came from the factory with certain settings so they should never be changed :roll:

---my friend insisted i come into the other lap with her, lol---

it really urks me seeing or being asked "how to hack" because those people will probably never amount to nothing mroe than script kiddies if they get that far. for those who ask who arent completely ignorant and just want to be pointed in the right direction of the computer world i tell them "read how-tos , read progamming books, look at source and dont be afraid to get your hands dirty"
hacking to me is like a ying-yang, has to be black hat to be white hat philopshy because theres a very thin line inbetween, a white hat and a black hat could have the exact same knowledge in a program but each use it differently. to me, thats awesome to say the least. in most hobbies like say guns, you have one particular brand and wont use anything but that or if your a car enthusiast you have a make of car your very passionate about, which nothing is wrong with either of those things i just like the idea that if your into computers, once you get past what OS you like and your programming language perference it's all the same in a way but it's completely different how you can use your skills. sorry if that doesnt make complete since, it's a little hard to explain but that's the best i can put it.

thanks for reading/ dont flame me too severly :lol:
i dont want to come back and read responese and feel like i have third degree burns.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Makes sense!

Post by computathug »

Hey nightkid. Good point of view and very well explained. The people who barely know how to turn the pc on and have probably had it for at least twelve months and cant fix the slightest of errors and just cant seem to get to grips with the OS are what i call technophobic, but hey everybody's different. Some people like to race cars as fast as they can get them to go where others thrive on the knowledge that it was them who built the engine.

I also wouldn't say that the text files are out dated but more of a case of not been updated or not used other search engines as well as google for what you are searching for. Some people still use old hardware from over 10 years ago, so if people are still using these items then they are not yet out of date so to speak.

Do what you do and enjoy it, always treat it as a hobby until the day you don't and then it becomes just a job!

Thug

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Not a bad read man. The only thing i can think to say is to try formatting better, use paragraphs. You definitely have a good point though, and i think a lot of us feel that way.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

The older generation has almost a phobia towards the computers. I have heard Larry King say he has never turned on a computer.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

welcome to suck-o

Post by DNR »

Hacking to me is more of a mindset. And not a lot of people are deep enough to explore hacking their mindset. I guess another word for mindset would be logic set. In general, logic set is using known facts, proven rules, processing your sensory input, and multitasking in your mind everything that is going on around you. I just think that people that understand how computers work, and try to emulate the computer - just have better, faster logic sets.
Those old text, even the hacker's mantifesto still speaks truths
http://www.phrack.org/issues.html?issue=7&id=3&mode=txt , and that was written back in 1986!
I always try to absorb the ideology or out-of-box thinking that the tutorial had hidden inside the outdated technical stuff.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.