when hacking stops being a hobby...

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

when hacking stops being a hobby...

Post by nightkid »

before you read anymore, be aware, im drunk...read at own risk.

when computer illiterates hear the word hacker they automatically think of fat bald guys with no lifes, living in their moms basement stealing "precious" myspace passwords and msn accounts, that really pisses me off being stereotyped. a example of myself doing it. this guy i went to school with and knew but never really talked to, him being a "jock" and me the "nerd" not being in the same clicks in high school we never talked much, out of high school and now we're in the same college and i notice him tinkering with a pc in the lap and suggest ending a task and restarting it and i find he's a PC administrator at a small business and since we talk about computers and electronic whenever we see each other. that's just a example of my own stereotyping people.
i mentioned in another post about hobbies, when you first start computing it's a hobby you read and do some programming at night when you get home, go to sleep and then you do the same routine but eventually...usually taking the laptop out of the house and exploring some WAPs or finding other hacker friends and meeting up, hanging out , you eventually get into a bit of mischeivous together (im still a kid at heart but not immature) everything you look at you start analyzing; elevators, locks, the kodiak machine at wal-mart (until you get kicked out for cracking it and giving everyone free pictures) it has took a while for me to gather this because when i first heard about the movies hackers with angelina jolie i grabbed some port scanners and trojans and i thought i was the shit, i had a udp bomber too, to send messages, that shit was hilarious, freak people out, that was fun to skiddy (i was 16, gimme a break) to go from a skiddy to a mediocore tinkerer (i dont call myself a hacker by any means) knowing tcp/ip, network layers, linux, bsd, windows,cisco and all the other misc. information thats in my brain that i cant think of right now...it's just a trip to me ....thanks for reading my rambling and reminising....i like my liquor =)

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

One of my friends who is like two meters tall and a meter across happens to be a computer person and had you seen him on the street you would never of have guessed. Neither would you figure out I am into computers if you had met me at some club or where ever!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal