xfire crashin ma tf2? [solved]

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Grombo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

xfire crashin ma tf2? [solved]

Post by Grombo »

ooooook, my tf2 has been randomly crashing alot recently, only after i installed xfire. after the crash, this "xifre exception" pops up, my friend tells me its an error report.

im not sure if this happened with every crash, but during this crash right now, hlss was running, crashed about 10 secs after stopping a song
[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7766/impracticalskillslw4.gif[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

not enough memory?

Post by DNR »

You might be using too much resources or running out of memory.
The resource issue could be one app trying to use a channel while another app is using it. The easy test would be to go back to the state when the computer was running w/o problems - meaning remove x-fire and then run hlss. If it all works out, re-install xfire and watch your selection of options - try to select an option to use less memory - one blogger said to use the lite skin for less memory hog-age.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Maybe it was such a bad song that the system got relived so much when you turned it off, that it overloaded....?

No seriously... tried with checking a tf2 forum or something? and maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling xfire to see if it solves it? =)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Grombo

Post by Grombo »

well after re-installing and trying all possibilities i cld think of i jsut got rid of xfire all together, havnt crashed since.
[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7766/impracticalskillslw4.gif[/img]