.bin file missing

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
rambo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

.bin file missing

Post by rambo »

Hi, I have a bin file missing from my antivirus and it wont updtae.
I think this is the work of a trojan / virus / worm.

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=binkp1.jpg

any help is appreciated..

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

what is?

Post by DNR »

a .bin is a file that stores data in a binary format or a 'raw' format, this is different from a text-based file. A text based file is more common, and easily edited, where the .bin file can be more propriety to the application it belongs to. .bin files can be used by firmware updates.

I am not so sure that you have a trojan or virus. Since it is a free AVG, if you can't download a new update, reinstall the AVP and start from scratch. Maybe now is a good time to try another free AVP for life experience credit - try COMODO AVP and Firewall pro. I usually just run the firewall, and only turn on the AVP when I need it - it saves me time when I boot up.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ewww....."a .bin file is missing" is one of the most useless error messages I've ever seen, only "didn't worked" would be more useless... :lol:
I never used AVG, so check if there is a logfile that provides more detailed info.... :-k
and yeah, from what I've heard AVG is not really a good AV anyway, maybe it's time to look for a better replacement.

rambo

Post by rambo »

thanks guys

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

AVG is having known update issues atm. Go to their site and download the updates manually ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"