Itunes question

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Itunes question

Post by isapiens »

So i reinstalled my computer and i was listening to some songs on Itunes..most of my collection is not purchased music, but i have like 100 songs i bought of itunes.

It asked me to authorize my computer and i said ok... and it gave me the following message: "You have authorized 2 out of 5 computers". Does that mean i can only reinstall my system 3 more times? If yes, than i will never buy a song of itunes.

If there is no way to hack this shit then fuck you Itunes. I bought those fucken songs you douches and if i wanna copy them 10 times i should be able to.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

hmm, well I haven't used Itunes before, but can't you backup the songs?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Summed up as simple as this:

Welcome to DRM.

You can buy, but if you want to copy..well you just have to buy again. That is what they want.

I would rather rip all my music, and if an artist puts out a good album, send them money directly.

Fuck the RIAA, fuck the MPAA. Infact: http://www.flyninja.net/life/video-dose-riaa-and-mpaa

Check it out.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I would advise NOT to use I-tunes as well. It is horrible, my sister has one and I tried useing it to help her put mp3's on it and it is not all that. My generic Mp3 player was alot cheaper, holds more space, displays videos, ebooks, plays local AM/FM radio stations ,ect.. does alot more then her Ipod and I only paid like 40$ for it. Plus i just plug it in to my PC and copy and paste the files to the dir, no Itunes is required.
Gone

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

well i guess that was the last time i paid for my music....

The only reason why i use itunes is that i can "consolidate" my library. I am not sure if Winamp can do that.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

isapiens wrote:well i guess that was the last time i paid for my music....

The only reason why i use itunes is that i can "consolidate" my library. I am not sure if Winamp can do that.
Make a directory on a external USB back up drive called "Music" 8) organise the folders well.
Gone

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

I hate Ieverything

Post by lilrofl »

Burn your music to an audio CD, and then rip it off the audio CD into the format of your choice, using the ripper of your choice... copywrite averted.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Still_Learning wrote
Make a directory on a external USB back up drive called "Music" Cool organise the folders well.
That would require several years of work. If not more.
Burn your music to an audio CD, and then rip it off the audio CD into the format of your choice, using the ripper of your choice... copywrite averted.
OK thats a realistic solution if it works... i could try that. thanks.

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

Why not just pirate the music you bought? There's really no difference to be honest..

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

isapiens wrote:
Still_Learning wrote
Make a directory on a external USB back up drive called "Music" Cool organise the folders well.
damn how much music do you have TB's? I have 30GB of music and it is very easy to navigate threw by Artist name, plus if its on the external drive it is backed up to put on any of your PC's - and yes I bought all of my music and ripped it from CD's for back up purposes, those CD's get scratched up easy
Gone

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

isapiens wrote:
Still_Learning wrote
Sigh, why are you still doing things manually? That is why PROGRAMMING languages were invented - so AUTOMATE things for us, so we do not have to do it manually. Use your creativity, you call yourself a hacker, yet you can't hack up a solution?

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Big-E wrote:
isapiens wrote:
Still_Learning wrote
Sigh, why are you still doing things manually? That is why PROGRAMMING languages were invented - so AUTOMATE things for us, so we do not have to do it manually. Use your creativity, you call yourself a hacker, yet you can't hack up a solution?
That is a solution, maybe not the one you would use though.
I do not know programming as well as others. Thats what im going to school for to learn. Read my sig.. if I knew HOW to do it in a programming language then it would probuly be easy and just make a program to sort your folders from A to Z, you have a better solution then why not share it instead of trying to talk down on people who dont know as much.
Gone

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

Kinda off topic, but anything you can learn in school, you can learn online for free. Seems like a waste of money..

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

f4Gg0t_43 wrote:Kinda off topic, but anything you can learn in school, you can learn online for free. Seems like a waste of money..
yeah well in school you get a nice little peice of paper called a degree
or certifacation that jobs really seem to eat up (not to mention all the hot girls that are there, but I guess you would not know about that)
Gone

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Quit harassing Still_Learning! I dig your solution with folders man. I used to do that.

And i dont think you can learn everything on internet. You can find everything on internet but that doesn't mean you can learn it well. I dont think i threw away my money on this engineering degree i am getting...

The reason why i cant do the folders is that i download a lot of songs and than delete the ones i dont want eventually. I am also lazy.

In reality i think Itunes is a good program for playing songs. I dont see a problem with it. Itunes Store is a different question obviously.

So as i was saying i was looking for that "consolidate feature" in Winamp and apperently they dont have that at all.
The only website i found was this but it is an incomplete add-on
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2308195
let me know if you find something that works