The email question

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

The email question

Post by DrVirus »

I have had this question in my mind for a while now. I might as well spit it out. What can u do with an email id ?? I mean sometimes if I mail someone who is not a member of the same service provider the recipient can go inside the header and get my ip. What can they achieve with just the email id ???

In my understanding email ids are like phone numbers in the virtual world. So can anyone dig around my email id. And get information about me ?? Is it possible ??

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I find that if you use a certain network - it can lead right to the machine that sent the email. In most cases though - the IP will actually be the public side of a firewall. Meaning it will lead to the host of the network and not the exact client machine.
Most email services, like if you get one through a ISP - will lead to the front door of the email host - there you'll need a court order to request the companie's record of when and who they issued the IP/processed the email.

Get suck-o email addy - BB won't comply with any orders - we admins should know - we've been giving him orders and he don't listen :wink:
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.