what the f*** have you done lately?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

what the f*** have you done lately?

Post by nightkid »

let's see if this flys or dies..basically a thread to update any project your doing or thought of doing and to be criticized.

i'm in the process of dual booting my tower with xp & im not sure which linux distro yet..probably ubuntu
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

svyatko
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by svyatko »

Ok my turn :)

Still trying to build up my PC (for half a year already :lol: ). Anyways going to call Asus tomorrow and try get my money back because their motherboards somehow are just horrible...the latest one I got ran until I restarted the PC...then no screen signal, no post bios beep, although everything is spinning. Every time I got a different MB, I had a different problem. Anyways if anyone has any idea on how to sweet talk them into giving my money back, would be appreciated (they have a no refund policy).

For the part of the summer I read a book on python. I got up until functions and than gave up. :cry:

Now school started, Got to study. My classes are Intro to Psychology, Chemistry, English, and Statistics(I'm in 11th grade by the way).

Hopefully on my free time, when I fix the PC, install Ubuntu also.
Than give python another shot.

Talk Later :wink:

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Well someone's been watching Wanted !!

Anyway my turn. I'm trying to accomplish two tasks at once. First it as you all have heard for the last 6 months or so, mastering C. For some reason I'm still on the job :lol:

The second one is trying to acquire my first tattoo. The design and the would be designer is all fixed. Now I'm trying to come up with the dough. It's pretty expensive (6000 bucks) so looking for all sorts of revenues.

DrV

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

DrVirus wrote:Anyway my turn. I'm trying to accomplish two tasks at once. First it as you all have heard for the last 6 months or so, mastering C. For some reason I'm still on the job
http://norvig.com/21-days.html :lol:

I'm not doing anything atm, just reading some books (opengl).

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

6000 bucks for a tat - I am jealous! Shit - is that a full body tat like Yakuza?
:wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

DNR wrote:6000 bucks for a tat - I am jealous! Shit - is that a full body tat like Yakuza?
:wink:

DNR
Well tattoos are pretty expensive in here dude. 725 buck/sq inch. That too black. Well it's one of those tribal designs on the back. I got the initial idea and my designer says he drew something up. Can't wait to see what it is.

And lundis thanks for the support. Don't know what I would do if it wasn't for you :lol:

DrV

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Hell my tattoos were around 100 and hour and after 4 hours you can cover a nice patch of skin. You in the States? If so go somewhere else...

Anyways I am designing 5 circuit boards for my boss and one is releasing to the public in about 4 weeks. Seems I am a circus juggler that is juggling one design with the next. My heavy load is debugging and write code only to debug more, I am in an infinite loop ^^. Stress is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Floodie:

Code: Select all

break 1;
^_^

I haven't been doing much really, just been smoking a lot of... cigarettes and stuff. Oh, and casually working on a compact forum system.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

@DrV if you're in the states $6,000 is too much. Even for the amount of black work you're going to get done. Get your social engeneering on and approach someone who works in a shop but does 'side jobes'. You'll pay about a third of the price for the same tattoo. And for tribal: if the ends have a curve or bend in them its passiveness; if they are jagged they are aggressiveness; or a combination of the two.

I have had to drop all my projects at the moment because i work from 530 am to 630 pm, then i have to study.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

I am not in the states guys. In my country nonpopular stuff like tattoos cost a great big deal and if you are getting it from one of the best artists in town then...

@kirk, I know how you feel buddy I wanna do so many things at once but there is no time to do so.

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

ubuntu didnt want to tango with my motorola wireless card in my desktop so i gave up and slapped windows back into it..as of now i have a fresh verison of windows, a fresh verison of mac on my laptop and planning to get one of those accer mini laptops with no cd drive, flash drive only and load up maybe backtrack 3 on there and use it and as my thrashing top :D oh and today i decided to shave my hair into a mohawk out of nowhere..i went thru with it and im glad i did
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Mohawk? Lets see it!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

I want to see the mohawk also. post a pic of it.

BOO mac.

@DrV post pics of the process. Good luck with it

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I just put Mandriva 2009 on my Asus netbook, it works well save for the webcam, so it looks like there is some driver compiling in my future.

Still moving from state to state, Missouri to California by January.

Considering taking a basic motorcycle riders course, but only because gas is still pretty high, more on that later.

Still struggling through python, but I feel like I'm making progress. Picked up Grey Hat Python and am spending time getting intimate with debugging... while I'm not being distracted with gaming lol.

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

is it python or perl that can go between any operating system ?
i forget..but i wouldnt care to learn that.
and for the hawk photo.. here it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/ ... Photo3.jpg