What Happens to Your Facebook After You Die?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

What Happens to Your Facebook After You Die?

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

In an Oct. 26 blog post, Max Kelly, Facebook's head of security, announced Facebook's policy of "memorializing" profiles of users who have died, taking them out of the public search results, sealing them from any future log-in attempts and leaving the wall open for family and friends to pay their respects. Though most media reports claimed this was a new Facebook feature, a spokeswoman for the company told TIME that it's an option the site has had since its early days.

More news here:

Code: Select all

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1932803,00.html?CNN=yes
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

Well, after all face book is a social site.
I think this is one step further in increasing the social face of face book.
Also making respect to those who die, which also could be counted as away to show that the face book staff do care about their members, rather than considering them mere numbers in tables...
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

No matter how many sites are there or more will come in future, I hate them all. I don't like any social networking site. I like being anonymous, because if you are on on such site and even if you try to hide your identity entirely, at some point, you are recognizable because of sooo many reasons.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I dunno, social networking has its moments... I don't know that I care about memorialising my wall, though I guess it's not really about me at that point is it?

I have a few friends who died a few years back, they still have myspace pages that are visited and posted on yearly, so I guess if it feels right to you, more power to you!