Exploit

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
shan75
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Exploit

Post by shan75 »

what is exploit? How can we use this? is it uploaded in specific port?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well, think about the word "exploit", what does it mean if you look it up? Exploiting means using a vulnerability of some sort to your benefit. In this case I assume you are referring to a software based vulnerability that can be exploited.

There are all kinds of exploits/vulnerabilities, from human errors that can be exploited, to software related like SQL injections. Google for it, it'll enlighten you I'm sure :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

An exploit is many things. A basic definition would be to take advantage of a weakness of security in a system.

Software exploits are often compiled programs that send unexpected input to another programs, scripts, or services. The result that you get depends on the type of exploit you use. A common one is to get a remote shell on the remote system that the exploit was used.

Hope this helps a little bit.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

shan75
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by shan75 »

is exploit a some kind of attacking code or harmfull??? can i write it on php,c.c#,.net etc.......?? but how can i useit?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

shan75 wrote:is exploit a some kind of attacking code or harmfull??? can i write it on php,c.c#,.net etc.......?? but how can i useit?
Exploits are harmful depending on the individual using it. You can write it in any language (basically). The thing is, you don't have to use a programming language to exploit all vulnerabilities. It's all up to the user.

Say you are breaking in to a house, and the lock on the back door doesn't function properly, making it easy for you to get in, by simply exploiting the vulnerability of the house (the back door).

As bad_brain stated, check Wikipedia.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Say you are breaking in to a house, and the lock on the back door doesn't function properly, making it easy for you to get in, by simply exploiting the vulnerability of the house (the back door).
Lets take Cats anology further to explain exploitation..

Lets say you discover this house you want to break in to.
1. You need to do a recon, to find out what kind of locks they have on their doors and windows. You also check and see what level of security awareness the home owners have.

2. you identify the front door as having a QuikSet Premium Deadbolt with a reinforced stainless steel plate around the lock. You research on the lock, by internet, by asking other 'lock smiths' on how to defeat it.
While the lock is top of the line, you discover the home owner is a dumbass, and left the key hidden under the welcome mat (default user/pass).

3. you chose the backdoor, not because it has a cheaper lock on it, but because no one can see you (no logs!) Again, you identify and research the weakness of the lock on the backdoor. You discover it has a pretty good lock, but the door itself swings out - so the hinges are exposed and can be removed (by pass authentication, the lock)(this is an example of a inherent defect by design, same applies to networks)

Exploitation requires recon - so the research can be performed to understand the system you are trying to defeat. It requires that you have some basic Identification of what the system is, model and version. Each exploit is special to each system, there is no single passkey or all-in-one trick.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

shan75
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by shan75 »

thanks all of u........ thanks for help..... :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: