attack in router

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
shan75
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

attack in router

Post by shan75 »

hello,

if i don't change router default username password can someone break into LAN? open ports of my router 23 and 80..
if is it possible how can this attack make?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

If you don't change the default username and password to your router's web interface, it can be accessed.

From this point, the individual could look at what ports you have forwarded, and to what computer on the network, allowing them to profile the services you are running. Aside from that, I don't know a whole lot about it, but that person could probably run a man-in-the-middle type of attack to get personal information like credit card numbers, usernames and passwords, etc.

If you're interested in wireless network security, we have a lot of information on here about wardriving, much of it thanks to DNR. Anyway, i hope this helped answer your question. Good luck ;)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

If you are using wifi and you have not set up any encryption than sure. Just make sure you use a strong password.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Re: attack in router

Post by floodhound2 »

shan75 wrote:hello,

if i don't change router default username password can someone break into LAN? open ports of my router 23 and 80..
if is it possible how can this attack make?
No to be an asshole but they put passwords on them for a reason. Think about it. You have a safe in your front yard but leave it unlocked 8O

Put a password on it and set up a secure network.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ