One more pc broked by girl

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
DoubleBenis
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

One more pc broked by girl

Post by DoubleBenis »

Two days i trying reinstall windows, i try xp and 7, i try install ubuntu, but nothing helps, several weeks ago she bring this pc with same problem, i put cooler on video card, and maybe 8 time formatted hard, and pc works quit well, but now nothing helps...
When pc started screen looks that:
Image Image Image
last pic is for brooked hard, but if i change hard disk, anthers problems is still left, or maybe i miss something, or i don't understand there is the problem. Can somebody help me?

leetnigga
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by leetnigga »

The second picture shows there is something wrong with the RAM if I am not mistaken.

The computer is trying to read the strings to display on the screen from memory, but as you can see there is quite a bit of corruption going on in there.

Test the RAM using some boot disk to confirm, or swap it out.

DoubleBenis
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by DoubleBenis »

i change, from 2x512MB to 1x1GB, but still same problem, nothing changed. and changing slot didn't helped.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa469184.aspx Check the posted link for details about the generated error. Microsoft already provided u with the clue. It seems u have a video TDR error.

Hope it helps. (http://www.errordecoder.com/stop-error- ... 00116.html) Just a little "edited bonus".

DrV

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hmm...but if the errors also appear with Ubuntu it can't be an OS-related problem... :-k
I think it's the g-card, the nvlddmkm.sys error on the bluescreen also is an nvidia related error. what graphics device is used? the on-board one or a discrete card? would be the best when you can check it by using another card (or by switching to the on-board one if a discrete card is used, don't forget to change the settings in BIOS then).

P.S. if it's a discrete card check first if it sits properly in the socket, you wouldn't believe how often problems are caused by cards that jumped out of the socket a little...^^

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

bad_brain wrote: if it's a discrete card check first if it sits properly in the socket, you wouldn't believe how often problems are caused by cards that jumped out of the socket a little...^^
True statement...
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

As I always suggest.

- Remove all parts on the computer. Except CPU and RAM.
- Fire it up and see if it gives you a good post.
- If so connect the hard drive and recheck the post.
- If still a good post reconnect nick cards and other items 1 at a time.

This method will always isolate the problem. :wink:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DoubleBenis
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by DoubleBenis »

Problem is in video card (g-forse 7300GT)
like this.
I remove all parts, i check them on other pc, and something wrong was with video, i put video card from my pc, and all works well, but with unknown reason pc just stuck and don't turned (then turn it on, monitor don't turn on, and pc beeping) on even i took it out and again up in\. But some miracle came and then i put old video card back in to her place, she starting works, and now that pc is working :D and i don't know that to think now, i hope after several weeks pc don't broken up again.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

If you had read what the others had told you already, you would've figured this out. Most likely, the graphics card wasn't seated correctly in it's slot. Then, when you put in a new graphics card, you should've made the right changes in your bios to reflect the hardware change. Once you took out the new graphics card and put the old one back in, you probably put it in correctly which is why everything is now working. :roll:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I have to agree with Gogeta.

There is a thing called card creep I believe it was on the A+ test. This could have caused the problem where the contracting and expanding of the graphics card would make it creep out of socket. Got to have a good contact.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DoubleBenis
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by DoubleBenis »

Believe me i know how to put in graphics card, i has tried a lot of times putting it in and out, i read all that you all told me to do, and i really thankful for you all :) and in the end i have an idea, that real problem is in motherboard, something wrong with connections, now that pc is gave back to it owner, maybe if it will not be moved he will work and work :D

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

They weren't saying that you didn't put it in right, rather, that it can creep out by itself even after being installed correctly.(or am I wrong?)

Either way, I'm glad your problem was solved. ^_^
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews