HP Openview

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
sun7
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

HP Openview

Post by sun7 »

Peace,
has anybody ever used HP Openview before? I finally had a good job interview and my second interview has just been presented to me. I wanted to get some experience with HP Openview before my next interview. Can someone assist with any information? Im just looking to open up conversation about HP Openview and get some knowledge and wisdom.

Thanks and Sincere Appreciation for your assistance
Sun7
Intelligence is born from the mind, Teaching and studying are ways of a civilized person.....

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I have worked with it a little when I installed the network for a (small) company years ago. it's really nice, loads of features and very expandable with plugins.
to be able to use it in a professional way you will need general knowledge about networking and network structures, also about hardware, like routers, switches, firewalls and how they interact in a network.
HDD analysis knowledge would be very useful too, hdparm is something you might want to check out, but best do that with a test system, because wrong settings can kill a HDD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdparm

depending on the installed plugins you might need specialized knowledge too, best inform yourself about the used plugins (those can be application-specific like for MySQL or OS-specific like for Unix).

the great thing about Openview is that you're not limited to the usage of a homogeneous network structure (like "all systems must run on MS"), so you might have to deal with *nix and MS systems at the same time...which makes it diversified and interesting... :)

sun7
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by sun7 »

Peace bad_b

The greatest things have happened recently.

First of all I did get the job about 3 weeks ago in etworking. Thats a nice step up from service desk for me. This is my 4th week. I passed the first part of my A+ exam 3 weeks ago too, and I'm scheduling my second part in about a week. Also I am in a leading role of adding all the routers and switches into Openview for the company. Openview is called Network Node Manager now. Im excited I get to learn more about technology through hard work and patience. I know that visiting sites like this have helped keep me moving in a positive direction.

I sincerely appreciate al the assistance and positivity from the people on this site. Also I love the policing that you guys do to keep the negative away. You really handle it in a professional way that no other sites do.
Peace,
sun7

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Glad to hear things are shaping up well for you Sun :)
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

sun7
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by sun7 »

Peace and thanks lilrofl.

Peace,
sun7