Lorex Remote viewing

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Lorex Remote viewing

Post by ilkjester »

Here is the deal. My friend wants me to set up the remote viewing of the lorex security cameras from his restaurant. So I am supposed to set up a ddns account at www.lorexddns.net which I did. I am supposed to enable port forwarding on the router which I think I did. The router is a clear access ag10w-bv. It says I need to know my external ip address to set up the ddns account except when I use the computers external ip address for the ddns account I get nothing. If I use the ip address of the lorex system which is 192.168.1.5 i can connect locally from within the lan but i can't connect on a wan level. I want to find out the external ip address of the lorex system. I have never done anything like this. It is awesome. I am having so much fun.
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

your Lorex system is plugged into your router and probably using DHCP. If you go into the router and check out your DHCP client list you should be able to determine which one refers to your cameras.

Depending on your router, it's possible that you can clone this address and apply a static DHCP attribute to it, this will force your router to assign the same address to your cameras every time your cameras connect.

If your router doesn't have the ability to issue static SDHCP addresses, you may have to assign your addresses explicitly. Pick an address that is not already assigned, and is outside of the range of the DHCP server to avoid address conflict.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

the camera isn't assigned a dhcp address. Or it doesn't show up in the router dhcp leases.
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, sounds like a NAT/port forwarding problem to me.... :-k

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

Well the problem is the only ip address i can find for the lorex system is 192.168.1.5 which of course is the local ip. I can connect to that already by typing that into the address bar. It would make no sense to set up a ddns account for that. Plus you couldn't connect at a wan level unless you knew the external or public ip address of the lorex system and then set up a ddns.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

please clarify. router is 192.168.1.1, cameras are 192.168.1.5, external IP is,

Code: Select all

http://whatismyipaddress.com/
cameras connect to port X, you are forwarding port X to 192.168.1.5 and you cannot connect to the system from a WAN?

is all this correct?[/quote]
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

Yes and no. My router has port forwarding through a nat virtual server. I can forward the external port start and end and internal port start and end but i cant assign an ip address with that port forwarding. I told my friend I thought it was impossible to work around that and he needed a different router. The cameras should have port forwarding for port 6100 and port 80

routers ip is 192.168.1.1 cameras 192.168.1.5 and external ip address is 137.118.148.228 that is confirmed