Maybe problem with router settings! [Solved]

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
crashacid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Maybe problem with router settings! [Solved]

Post by crashacid »

Hey guys how everyone doing hope fine!
So you all already may know i have bought internet connection and i have 2 lan users,In which one of them using VOIP .when ever he start to use it i get's disconnected from internet so to get connected with internet i have to remove his Ethernet connection from the port and connect it back.but again after few mins and sometime hours i get disconnects again anyone have idea what's wrong. :roll:
Hatred fuels knowledge

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Crashacid,

When you say 'disconnected from the internet' - we need to be clear.

I assume you mean you are still attached to the LAN you created, but not to your ISP (which gives the internet connection). It is possible for you to see other users on the LAN, but no internet - due to ISP-side issues.

If you are dropped from both the LAN and ISP, then it points to an issue with your computer, not the network. See?

You said you set up a router, enable logging. You can also list your IP configs of both devices here and we'll check 'em out.

At this time, there is not enough information - to ascertain if you have a LAN problem or ISP problem - which I am sure can be fixed with proper settings.

Some people will also ask that you do a trace route - this can show perhaps quickly if you have a computer, LAN, or ISP problem. But do the logs and IP configs for more nfo..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

would be also interesting to know if you use static IPs or DHCP for the hosts in your LAN... :-k

crashacid

Post by crashacid »

i guess explaining visually will be more clear:

i was not able to get this page while connecting with ethernet wire so i used wireless connection.

And this is what happen after few mins later when i plug in ethernet wire.

Bad_brain, Connection type:PPPoE is default selected.
Hatred fuels knowledge

crashacid

Post by crashacid »

Problem solved:
We were sharing same IP address and so i logged in his router clicked LAN settings and changed the IP address in to 192.168.1.2 mine 192.168.1.1. Everything works fine at last :P
Hatred fuels knowledge

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

alrighty... :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

good job crash.

8)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.