track mobile computers

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

track mobile computers

Post by bad_brain »

here's a nice app that enables you to track mobile computers like laptops, etc.:
http://adeona.cs.washington.edu/

of course it's also the wet dream of wary husbands when the wife has a smartphone... :lol:

P.S. I haven't tested it myself, also notice the announcement about their OpenDHT setup (might still be in test phase). if anyone gives it a try it would be nice to give some feedback... :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

a work in progress, I like it because it does not use a central registry..

Linux
•CURRENTLY NON-FUNCTIONING, EXPERIMENTAL (SEE WARNING ABOVE) Compressed source tarball (We are making these available for developers to test with -- not for users; see note above)
Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5
•CURRENTLY NON-FUNCTIONING, EXPERIMENTAL (SEE WARNING ABOVE) Mac OS X disk image ( ENABLED photos ) (We are making these available for developers to test with -- not for users; see note above)
•CURRENTLY NON-FUNCTIONING, EXPERIMENTAL (SEE WARNING ABOVE) Mac OS X disk image ( DISABLED photos ) (We are making these available for developers to test with -- not for users; see note above)
Windows XP/Vista
•CURRENTLY NON-FUNCTIONING, EXPERIMENTAL (SEE WARNING ABOVE) Windows installer (We are making these available for developers to test with -- not for users; see note above)

So it is at its testing phase right now..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I noticed that as well, however I'll be sure to give it a try when they get a working beta out as I have used a similar product in the past and would like to see how it measures up.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]