listening in on local landline

Phone stuff....
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

listening in on local landline

Post by ilkjester »

Well I don't know if you guys already knew this or what but its something ive found out at my house. So you want to listen in on someones conversation without them knowing you picked up the phone. Well you go to the other phone and unplug the phone cord itself and then lift the phone and plug the phone cord back in and it wont make the clicking sound. Im assuming this will only work with cord phones but i havent tried it with a cordless phone. kinda stupid and lame but oh well.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Interesting....
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

boxing

Post by DNR »

Take apart a cordless phone set, you can reassemble the important peices in to a smaller box. With alligator clips you can wire the phone plug cord and then be able to clip in anywhere you can find phone wires - including the green teleco boxes in apartment buildings, on the side of houses and even the junction boxes see in your neighborhood. You can make calls while the owner is not home or asleep, you can listen in on their calls too. You are only limited by the range of your built/smaller cordless phone set. If you want to go online, you need those old modem/phone handset adapters that fit over the phone handset for your computer modem to talk/listen to it. Probably at radioshack.
Of course this would be considered a felony wiretap charge, so use it for education only.
A simple voltmeter can act as a bug detector on the phoneline by detecting the voltage drop in the phone line when someone else picks up silently.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.