Is there a program that can track people where they are?

Phone stuff....
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

You do not need a gps chip. The cellphone keeps in constant communication with the cellco, its position is triangulated between two or more cell towers. The cellphone has to stay in touch with the 'network' so it is always in contact- while the phone is turned on. No chip is needed and this applies to any cellphone old or new. It is the signal strength used to calculate the distance from the phone to the tower(s).

/edit

Ok, look if you want to hide on the cellular network you want to 'mix it up'. Why do you think drug dealers and fugitives have multiple cellphones? Each cellphone belongs to a different network - a different cell provider. You turn one phone off, turn another phone on. Who ever is watching will only see you shut off from one network - he'll have to guess which other cell provider you'll pop back up on.

The same tactic is used to try to evade recording of converstations - you would talk to one person on one network, and finish the converstation on another network.

The cellphone network is not like the internet. Each cellco owns its own equipment (sometimes lease it from others) and each will have its own propriety digital code and means of keeping connectivity with phones. If a small police dept had to get summons to access five different cellco's network to track someone - its work and the results can vary. The Feds would have more pull to be able to easily jump from one network to another, or monitor each cellco network for your known ESN. But its a shell game, which network will you pop up on? You can buy a ESN programmer and change your phones identification to hide. If you can avoid getting arrested with the incriminating phones (ESN), it'll be harder for anyone to prove who made the phonecalls. Its not like the old days of landlines - its only a matter of posession.

Digital network not only means more reliability from your cellco, but it also means it can be pretty accurate at measuring your location via signal strength. That guy on TV going "Can you hear me now?" is mapping out the digital network, they can pretty much know what the signal strength is going to be for a given area. With google map, its pretty darn easy to triangulate where a person might be, a street corner, a shop, an apartment, house, etc.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by nightkid »

there is a iphone app that has a layout like google maps or similar & shows other iphones as little dots.
i dont think the other person has to have the program installed, my brother found it & showed it to me..found over a couple of dozen iphones on the map, i doubt that many ppl had the app.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

offshoreposer
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by offshoreposer »

if you wanna follow someone then just buy a UAV http://www.rotomotion.com/prd_UAV_SR200.html

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Stop replying to old threads, especially when you're posting generally useless information.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...