Iphones anyone?

Phone stuff....
waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Iphones anyone?

Post by waringers »

Anyone else here really into iphones, modifying its os, hacking its apps, all that good stuff? :)
Share what I know, Learn What I dont.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

With android on the rise, I'm not sure thaat there is much of a need for iphones... just wanted to throw that in here lol.

I'm sure someone loves iphone here...
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Idk about you, but I will always love iphones, androids are simply iphone wanna-bs, think of it this way, the android is the script-kiddie, the iphone is the real hacker :lol:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

waringers wrote:Idk about you, but I will always love iphones, androids are simply iphone wanna-bs, think of it this way, the android is the script-kiddie, the iphone is the real hacker :lol:
You are either joking, or haven't looked at android in the last 6 months... or perhaps you haven't checked out the idont campaign, it clearly marks out androids superiority.

Also I'll take a moment to mention that apple took applications off of iphones when they didn't like it (the app was the shake a baby app) tasteless... but if you bought it and it's your phone then you should be able to have it.. right?

If an android phone physically has Google on the outside then it is signifies a contract between the phone company and google to not limit or restrict apps to the user... so shake that baby till your arm falls off, your phone, your app, your choice.

Screw apple... it's like big brother all over again. Android is the future ;)

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Well, even though I agree that apple does act preatty stupid at times, the iphones power is rather incredible, and once you jailbreak it, and start messing around with it, you can add whatever you want, and make it look different, change apps, make new ones, whatever. So yes apple could do better, but I still think the Iphone is better than the android. I was joking in my last post, but not about the iphone being better than the doid.

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Just my opinion though :)

nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by nightkid »

i had a few problems with my iphone, granted it was the first gem model. the touch screen didnt detect my fingers all the time, rare but was annoying and it would lock up at times, couldnt touch the screen or answer calls etc. the external speakers sucked as well.
im really considering getting a android i love everything about it, its like the iphone on steroids, CNN brought it to attention though how google hasnt been in the hardware business before so that makes me a little weary.

the bad thing about the iphone is even though you can jailbreak it when you sync it to update the firmware it will reset all the jailbreaking stuffs, or used to.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

nightkid wrote: CNN brought it to attention though how google hasnt been in the hardware business before so that makes me a little weary.
Don't worry, google isn't making the phones. In America most of them are made by HTC, like the G1 for example... which is an amazing phone that I honestly prefer to the mytouch (also HTC)

The G1 has been out for several years and has no bugs too speak of. I've been using one for a little under a year now and have zero complaints.

n contrast, my mother has an iphone (much to my chagrin) she bought a generation 1 before they could access 3G networks... appples response, "just wait a few more months, the next modle should be able to access 3G."

Wow...

waringers
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by waringers »

Im not trying to talk about the companies or whatnot, Im just saying that I favor the phone itself over the droid. And I have the latest gen, so I wouldnt know about that.