Nightmare In Code

Questions about programming languages and debugging
ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Nightmare In Code

Post by ph0bYx »

The Dream.In.Code guys made a forum where they post the worst code they ever saw. There's some fucked up shit right there:

Code: Select all

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/forum/201-nightmareincode/

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Nightmare In Code

Post by ayu »

ew, some of that stuff is like taken out of a geek horror movie : @
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

lol...good one. I have to dig in my archive HDD for some really nasty code I had to deal with, my favorite was a Ruby site with about 500 subfolders...the structure made no sense at all and the folder names seemed to be totally random, and the code itself was absolutely horrible. I worked days and days on simply placing keyword meta tags....on 50% of the pages those were in the database, on 30% in the code and the remaining 20% I never found. :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:lol...good one. I have to dig in my archive HDD for some really nasty code I had to deal with, my favorite was a Ruby site with about 500 subfolders...the structure made no sense at all and the folder names seemed to be totally random, and the code itself was absolutely horrible. I worked days and days on simply placing keyword meta tags....on 50% of the pages those were in the database, on 30% in the code and the remaining 20% I never found. :lol:

I assume this was a customer site?

That's a situation where you almost tell the customer to go somewhere else, or possibly that you can make a new site for them that makes more sense ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, I tried for days and then suggested to do a new site with Wordpress...customer refused, so I guess the site still has no proper meta tags. :lol: