Linux Web Based OS and Web Based Software [Idea]

Questions about programming languages and debugging
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Linux Web Based OS and Web Based Software [Idea]

Post by maboroshi »

With the idea of cloud computing taking over consider if you will the following. I have been reading different talks over the years of Cloud/Web Based Operating Systems (Google has one for Example). I think I have come up with an idea of how I would like to implement mine as well as develop software for it

So we start off with a netbook with preinstalled (or comes with a disk) drivers and a very base system.

Obviously with a web based system you have an internet/intrenet connection set up.

This is the key

The interaction is set up and designed so that input from the client would be received by the server processed on the server than outputted back to the client

This would be fundamentally the concept with everything, software etc. The idea could grow, and it would be cool to develop. In reality you could do this with a Linux Kernel and port a few Linux apps as a demonstration.

I would keep the kernel localized but some parts could be handled by the server as well.

You could have GUI Interaction, and have the system use Ajax style (in concept) techniques

Anyway think. think. think. think. think

Mabo Out