New To Programming Looking For Advice

Questions about programming languages and debugging

What's Your Favorite Programming Language?

.NET & Windows Programming
10%
Ajax
No votes
C#
No votes
C/C++
40%
HTML
No votes
Java
10%
Perl
20%
PHP
20%
Python
No votes
Ruby
No votes

Total votes: 10

Chaos1986
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

New To Programming Looking For Advice

Post by Chaos1986 »

I'm New To Programming And Have Decied To Start Off With PHP. I Was Wondering If Anyone Knows Where I Can Buy Programming PHP First Edition By O'RILLY. I Checked The Website And They Said They Don't Have It Anymore :( . If Anyone Knows Where I Can Get This Book New Please Let Me Know.I'm Also Looking For Someone Who Can Help Me Along The Way Thank You Chaos1986! :D :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Chaos, just use the php.net website, considering those are the people that made php. And just post in the coding forum any questions you have about php, and i or someone else will be happy to answer it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Chaos1986

Post by Chaos1986 »

Thank You For The Information Gogeta70. :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn

d10b

Re: New To Programming Looking For Advice

Post by d10b »

Chaos1986 wrote:I'm New To Programming And Have Decied To Start Off With PHP. I Was Wondering If Anyone Knows Where I Can Buy Programming PHP First Edition By O'RILLY. I Checked The Website And They Said They Don't Have It Anymore :( . If Anyone Knows Where I Can Get This Book New Please Let Me Know.I'm Also Looking For Someone Who Can Help Me Along The Way Thank You Chaos1986! :D :twisted: :evil:
There's a place where I live called 1/2 Price Books. I just picked up Programming PHP by O'Reilly for $9.95 and Hacking Linux Exposed v2 for $14.98 (usually $49.99) :P 712 pages of linux exploits, hacks and what to do about 'em. *drool* I spent 2 hours in a corner at this place looking through all the beautiful books.

Moral of the story. Check used or discount bookstores. :)

Downloads/textfiles/PHP on this site has an O'Reilly book as well as other PHP texts.

On Windows, a CHM file can be extracted to plain HTML with the command:

Code: Select all

hh.exe -decompile extracted filename.chm
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

Chaos1986

Post by Chaos1986 »

Well I Found A New Copy Of Programming PHP First Edition For $5.51 Brand New :D So I'm Going To Buy That And Start Off By Learning PHP. Then I'm Going To Try MySQL. I May Need Alot Of Help Soon So If Anyone Doesn't Mind Being Sort Of A Mentor That Would Be Great Thank You Chaos1986 :twisted: :evil: