What language?

Questions about programming languages and debugging
Goose
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

What language?

Post by Goose »

Guys made my bones with HTML what programming language would you recommend next?

p99
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by p99 »

HTML isn't programming......

Just start learning a high level language, It doesn't matter much. Just as long as you can grasp the programming logic. That is what makes a good programmer. Understand that well and things start to become just syntax.

I personally reccomend Python as a starting language. You will be able to produce basic things with minimal code. C could possibly overwhelm you with code.

Python is good becuase it allows you to understand the basics of what a program actually does. Then move to C or something a bit more low level.
Then you understand what is going on from there. And you can move to yet another lower level language.... If your goal was to understand it completly.

Chaos1986

Post by Chaos1986 »

If You Understand HTML Then Try Your Luck With PHP! Good Luck Goose PHP Is A Bit Tricky I Hear. :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

jneaod
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by jneaod »

I recomend Java. It has the same capabilities as python, but it is a language that is in my opinion simpler. It is simpler because everything is classes. Plus the JRE does alot of the work to make the program run. Also Java is wore widely used in the industry than python.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Yeah, also note that Java is also extremely slow for a gui...

Anyway, it really depends on what you want to do. PHP is good for securing and validating information, both inputting and outputting information, etc.

C++ and Assembly are both good for general programming and user interfaces, assembly being the best, however the hardest to learn.

Java and Flash are good for web-based GUI's, which are slower than a regular programming language such as PHP or C++, but still very good, oriented languages that will definitely do what you need them to.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

jneaod
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by jneaod »

I agree with you entirely. Java proggies are slow but only if they are really big. Netbeans ide is a great example of this. :D But netbeans is a really good ide despite its slowness. I would like you to check out my topic on my Java trojan horse. It is using an ide.

PS: In netbeans where do i store the cs1.Keyboard class which is used for input. I use JCreator aswell and with JCreator you have to put it in one location. Help is appreciated.

alien100

Post by alien100 »

after HTML You can learn javascript,XML,XHTML or CSS

furiousjoe

Post by furiousjoe »

Before you even start with this learn Javascript.

It's basically the most simple programming language around.