PHP SCRIPT: NEED HELP!!!

Questions about programming languages and debugging
hij-h-acker
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

PHP SCRIPT: NEED HELP!!!

Post by hij-h-acker »

anybody here knows how 2 make a php script that automatically sends email to the user who just submitted a form on my site???

i wud be very thankful...if u get me those lines of code in php.....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
again thanx.

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

http://uk3.php.net/mail

Help yourself !

hij-h-acker
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by hij-h-acker »

Thanks a lot Frank...but it wud have been more better if i had been given with some readymade lines of code...since m not very much familiar with these codes...usually i just copy paste codes into my website!!!The form m already having on my site is also a readymade one...but it doesnt give email replies...dats y i was quiering for those codes...
Neways thanks again for ur reply.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I do not recommend to use such a function...I made some bad experiences already by endless mail loops caused by such a function.
simply imagine the user also has an autoresponder, so he responds to your response, your autoresponder sends a response back and so on....the website my sister runs used such a script and it almost shot the whole server 2 times by causing a massive mail flood....

but well, if you are a danger freak simply google for "email autoresponder"...if your site is on a hosted webspace check your email settings, in most cases you can find a autoresponder function there.

:wink:

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

See, I understand your question and i must say that it is hard to give a ready made script since the Mail-script depends on the Form-values/names and i am very bad at *guessing* form values/names

If you need help and don't want to publish your HTML form here, just PM me.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

might be better to use PM because the security settings are still a little too strict in context with html-tags.... :?

hij-h-acker
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by hij-h-acker »

yeah badbrain....i had made the HTML form using PageBreeze software...but they had offered sending me all the form-submitted messages on to my personal mail and then auto-responding the user only for 10 days...on a trial basis...then dat crap got expired...n i was left handicapped!!! :wink: