Winsocket?

Questions about programming languages and debugging
ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Winsocket?

Post by ebrizzlez »

Well... I was looking into DoS attacks, and thought it would be perfect to take down my pesty skool's computer that somewhat still run Windows 98. But the thing is, I want to make my own flooder and nuke, and I was looking around and didnt find anything. Would anyone know a good place on where to start winsockets? I mean, I want to create a bigggggg packet, then send it to a host or port or something, but I dont know too much of this. Would anyone know of a good place to start for somewhat begineer's in C++? Also, GUI help would be nice if I am gonna program this application... I tried Qt, but personally dont like it. Thanks. :wink:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

you dont need GUI to use winsockets, you can make a command line nuker too...
search google for that... there's a beej's guide to socket programming which is good to get you started.. later, you can download some books or buy them, like recently i bought a 1000 page unix network programming book.
:?

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

pseudo_opcode wrote:you dont need GUI to use winsockets, you can make a command line nuker too...
search google for that... there's a beej's guide to socket programming which is good to get you started.. later, you can download some books or buy them, like recently i bought a 1000 page unix network programming book.
:?
Well... I actually want to make more of a skiddie type of program, so non-GUI will make there brain's freeze dead cold and die out. And what would I be googleing? Beej's guide to socket...? This is platform specific and C++, I remeber somebody saying a John Socket tutorial, but cant find the link. Would you know of any good ebooks on WinSockets for C++? Thanks man. :wink:

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

I found that tutorail you were talking bout... but its for Unix systems. :cry: I am trying this on Windows... would you know anywhere else? Thanks alot. :wink: