All those PC languages are intimidating...

Questions about programming languages and debugging
Uner
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

All those PC languages are intimidating...

Post by Uner »

Well, I know, it's been a while since my intro topic.
But meh, from my usual daily gamer lifestyle, I've grown into a fucking ass that reads PC-related manuals. I thought it was a good idea to get to know more about PC hardware, so I sponged the max knowledge I could.

So yeah, basically, I was wondering...
As a beginner, what programming language (or whatever you geeks call it :wink: ) should I start with? All of them look intimidating, but I'll get a grip on it eventually.

All that to ask you guys, where should I start? What language would be handy?

Thanks for your time.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Depends on what you want to do....

if you want to start with webdesign, i recommend PHP and javascript (both of these are script languages, meaning that they need a special environment to run). And if you want to make regular compiled applications i recommend C++ and maybe some Assembly.

But of course, there are others as well. I simply recommend these because i use them and like them ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

pois0n
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by pois0n »

C. [This is the most useless post i've ever seen. Next time, elaborate on your opinion.]

Maybe some people misunderstood... the text between the brackets was not this user's post, but by me. -Gogeta70

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

is he serious?

Post by computathug »

pois0n wrote:C. [This is the most useless post i've ever seen. Next time, elaborate on your opinion.]
Well to be honest your reply here comes very seriously close to one of the worst ever. Try reading through the forum and see how many useless replies there actually are! As this topic you are referring to as useless then please why dont you elaborate on why its useless. I see his point and his question as totally acceptable as was cats reply. Not everyone who turns on a computer has exactly in their mind which direction to go in and without research and questions and answers would probably not know which way to turn. Everything in his post was quite viable:

started with gaming>read pc magazines>got interested>ask questions. If people now give their input this will help him decide on what he wants to do next and which direction to go in. If you already use a pc for what ever cause then if you want to go in a different direction then the opportunity is there to learn. Its a decision only the user can make. You either want to learn or you dont, its up to you!

The first thing i suggest you learn is about hardware. Understand your equipment and then learn about your OS. As cats said its down to which road you want to take personally. Read through other posts and decide what you want to learn next. Every new challenge brings new knowledge.

What ever you want to do im sure there will always be someone on suck-o to help you set off on your quest and new ventures :wink:

Thuggy

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

OP let me ask YOU a question.

What do you want to make/create using compies? Viruses? Cracking? Network protection? Cheap upgrades for your compy?

Regardless of what your choice is, I have a TON (14 GB) worth of ebooks on a variety of different computing topics, so just let me know what you do fancy, and Ill be happy to accommodate.

:wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I differ from most in that I think any language is going to be ok. Just pick one and go all the way. Soon you'll see that all the languages are basically the same. Sure HTML is different than assembly but your programming skills and confidence will begin to form. Soon you will have no problems learning many varieties and the confidence building will continue making the next language easier.

So put some languages in a hat and pick one!

I started back in 1983 using "BASIC"on a commodore Vic 20...Ergh I am getting flash backs!
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

floodhound2 wrote:Soon you'll see that all the languages are basically the same.
I used to think that too. Silly me. Compare Perl to Lisp, Haskell or OCaml. There are differences in typing, paradigms, et cetera.
floodhound2 wrote:Sure HTML is different than assembly
One of them is not a programming language.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

floodhound2 wrote: I started back in 1983 using "BASIC"on a commodore Vic 20...Ergh I am getting flash backs!
maybe this will make the flashback a little stronger:

Code: Select all

SYS 64738
I bet you see wonderful blue colors now, hm? :lol:

and yeah, don't worry too much about which language to use, there is no such thing like "the best" one...think about what you want to do with it (websites or applications for example) and then pick a popular one for the start... :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

g-brain the butcher

Post by DNR »

This might be another one of your internet jokes. I thought it was rude that you took Floodhounds statement out of context
Sure HTML is different than assembly but your programming skills and confidence will begin to form.
In its entire form, the statement has the point he was trying to make - that HTML is a code that is a good starter, it is easy, and has visual reward for progression.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Sillymonkey

Post by Sillymonkey »

Maybe you should follow this

For programming
C----C++----Java and C#

For Winform programming
VB Java VB.Net C#

for web programming
html--javascript for beginning
and ASP(Visual Basic language) PHP JSP(Java language)--ASP.net(C# or VB.Net language) for Advanced

caisher
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by caisher »

Sillymonkey wrote:Maybe you should follow this

For programming
C----C++----Java and C#

For Winform programming
VB Java VB.Net C#

for web programming
html--javascript for beginning
and ASP(Visual Basic language) PHP JSP(Java language)--ASP.net(C# or VB.Net language) for Advanced
nice+
The barrier to change is not too little caring; it is too much complexity.
改变世界的阻碍,并非人类的冷漠,而是这个世界太复杂