PHP certification

Questions about programming languages and debugging
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

PHP certification

Post by visser »

Hey all, my good friend diagnol and i are taking some classes at our local college through our highschool. Diagnol is in the net security class and im in the CAD class. The college itself offers varying certifaications for programs or programming languages.

For example, I am taking the CAD class and could become certified to use a certain program. The beauty of it is that its all free and normaly it would cost me a lot of money to do these things.

I had Diagnol ask the Net Security teacher about a PHP certification training course or book. She told him that they currently do not offer a certification for php but if i could find some basic info we could probably go from there. I would like to be certified seeing as it would be free and that would be the best bet at getting certified seeing as i already taught myself a lot of php.

i googled around and found a PHP certification by Zend (http://www.zend.com/en/services/certification/) so i would like to bring this and ask her about it some more.

i wasnt fully sure of a couple of thigns tho.
isnt zend involved in creating php itself?
and are there any others out there that offer certification for php?

just looking for some inside info or tips. anything would be great :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yes, Zend is pretty the main motor behind PHP, the Zend Engine is the core of PHP. the founders of Zend are 2 people (the word Zend is originated in their first names): Zeev Suraski and Andi Gutmans.
so a Zend certification is the first choice, because you get your knowledge directly from the source, and the ZCE certificate is definitely the one with the biggest value in context with PHP.
this might interest you:
http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/78- ... th-it.html

:wink: