vb6 help

Questions about programming languages and debugging
nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

vb6 help

Post by nightkid »

alright so i decided to make a vb6 program but i never got my hands dirty with it. i did some researching on google but my questions havent found any answers that relate to them.

here is what i have so far...

basically what i was wanted to know is...

1. how do i make command1 actually do something in the final verison?
i wanted to make it so when it's clicked a progress bar or something like that pops up
2.the textbox i just changed the text do you need to do anything else so in the final copy that text can actually be changed?
like "double click, text is highlighted" then type in something else
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Well, your hands are dirty now. Touching VB should be a mortal sin 8O

Anyway, i don't know VB so someone else will have to help you, but i wouldn't expect much since it looks like you're making a somewhat malicious program there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

me and my friend made a bet on who could make a succesful vb6 program..i just decided to make a crack tool because i seen alot on youtube, i thought i would mimic them.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

IceDane

Post by IceDane »

I haven't used VB6, but I'm fairly sure that to actually do something when a button is clicked, you should just double-click it and it'll create a function for you that handles the Click event.

HOWEVER, I would like to encourage you to stop what you are doing immediately. I'm not going to bash on VB, as it's an alright language, just an ugly fucking syntax(The inside is what matters).
VB6, however, is old and outdated and barely ever used by anyone but pathetic script kiddies because it is so easy to use and tailors to their idiotic way of doing things.
VB.NET is much, much better. It's a real language for real software. It also has access to all of the .NET framework, as the name suggests, and that'll make your life monumentally easier.

Yes, I know, this is against my usual elitist posts, but seeing as his soul is already lost, I can just as well try to turn a bad situation in a .. not quite as bad situation.

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

If you're going down the .NET path then you could also use C#. If you download the Express edition of Visual C# then you could drag and drop just like you have been. The code part will just be a lot nicer :)

I prefer it to Visual Basic, due to the aforementioned OH GOD THE SYNTAX IT'S HORRIBLE reasons.

IceDane

Post by IceDane »

leetnigga wrote:If you're going down the .NET path then you could also use C#. If you download the Express edition of Visual C# then you could drag and drop just like you have been. The code part will just be a lot nicer :)

I prefer it to Visual Basic, due to the aforementioned OH GOD THE SYNTAX IT'S HORRIBLE reasons.
Yeah, I was thinking about writing "And when you've gotten used to the .NET framework, the transition to C# should be easy, and from there, all the other C-ish languages which consist of pure awesomeness."

But I felt that'd be .. propaganda-ish.

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

im more familiar with .net than vb6 i just had a spare copy of vb6 laying around, i flipped thru a .net book from the library but i never got to experiment with it

killswitch666

Post by killswitch666 »

Code: Select all

Option Explicit On
Option Strict On
Public Class Form1
    ' a sample of repetition structure
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
            ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        'declares variables
        Dim num1 As Integer = 10
        'does a loop until num1 = 100 basicly counts by 10
        Do While num1 <= 100
            num1 = num1 + 10
            ProgressBar1.Increment(num1) 'increments progressbar1
        Loop
        'displays message when num1 is > or = 100
        If num1 >= 100 Then
            MsgBox("complete")
        End If
        'resets the value
        ProgressBar1.Value = 0
    End Sub
End Class
hope this gives you idea!

killswitch666

Post by killswitch666 »

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

If you still need help let me know. I was and still am probably the most advanced VB expert you will find. I made some real cash using this object oriented language.

To hell with all that say its a waste of time they just don't know the power. Its like stating HTML is stupid to learn. nothing is stupid to learning.

Trust me I can kill PCs in VB, make browsers, and other outside the box programs!!! You name it I can make it happen. Hell I bet I could make a program in VB that would run on Linux 8O

Don't hate the players hate the game :wink: