Is there a way to..?

Questions about programming languages and debugging
Nuh
forum buddy
forum buddy

Is there a way to..?

Post by Nuh »

Hello fellows,

I've got a situation let me explain, and please don't laugh at me, as ideas always come up like this.

There is a utility say x, what it does is when there is some new message it bings a wav sound, its located in the directory, and can be changed, Now what i need to do is to execute some batch file, whenever that wav file is used.

I was also thinking that the event can be something else, like when the sound bings there is also a popup in the bottom right corner, can we do something to detect that the sound is being used the very mement, or the popup had appeared and execute the batch that moment.

I hope I've made myself clear :? , if you want any more clarification do ask me.

Regards, Nuh

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Is the wav file used by a different application? As in, is the sound being made by a program that you do not have the source code for?

But yeah, it would be possible.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Nuh
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Nuh »

No the wav file isn't made by the application, and it isn't used by other application.

When ever there is an incoming msg, that file is used its a 2sec cling, and then stops, with a popup at bottom right.

Nice to hear its possible. :evil:

Regards, Nuh.

Nuh
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Nuh »

And let me add, I have a know how in C#.net and Vb.net only.

IceDane
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by IceDane »

It would be much more complex than it would seem at first sight.

Your 'program' would more or less have to work like a rootkit, hooking every application and watching functions that could be using the file to see what is being done with it.

leetnigga

Re: Is there a way to..?

Post by leetnigga »

Nuh wrote:There is a utility say x, what it does is when there is some new message it bings a wav sound, its located in the directory, and can be changed, Now what i need to do is to execute some batch file, whenever that wav file is used.
It sounds to me like what you need is to execute some batch file when there is a new message.

Monitoring access to the sound file that is used to play the sound is one way to do it, but I strongly doubt that's the best way. It ought to be easier than a rootkit too, heh.

How about defining x? That could get you some actual help.

Nuh
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Nuh »

Sorry for being toooo late, my Pc crashed.

Yes the application was for the paid services i give when there is a new query available the app clings a sound, I actually don't want to be in front of the PC everytime, so I decided to design something that text me on my phone everytime the message pop up, and I've nearly done it, as I used the file read method, and when it can't read it i can mange that event to call some batch file, i did a working proto too with a success, butt now what I want is that, is this case I want to attatch a GSM phone with a Microsoft SMS sender which can work with bat files, Is there a way to make an app which can use a free web portal at the backend, and can send free sms. So that I can free a phone, I saw people talking about it on different forums.

What you Experts say?

Regards, Nuh.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

var1 = message
var2 = message signal

assign a listener
listener watches for incoming var1
when var1 is received then var2 is 1
if var2 is 1
-play wav file
-run batch file
-call tray popup
-call sms sending program to send default alert message to cell
else do nothing

is it something like this pseudo code? correct me if i am wrong. cause for me this is very possible

Nuh
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Nuh »

Thanks Pong!
Yes you are absolutely right, I've nearly done it, now I was wondering to send free SMS without an app, without a phone, but with some web portal embedded through coding.

Is this Possible?

Regards Nuh, aka KaKa :twisted:

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

i do not think that is possible, to send a free sms without using a third party.
maybe an email bot would do that listens to your system's processes and whe the bot receives message signal it auto sends an email to you. try asking bb, cats, and the others, they are the experts. ^^,