WML usage

Questions about programming languages and debugging
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

WML usage

Post by isapiens »

I was reading a tutorial on WML and WML script just out of curiousity. I was wondering whether there is any actual point for me to learn the language. I mean i know it is always good to know stuff like that, general knowledge u know. But is there anything specific i could do with this language. I am not planning on building websites that can be viewed from a cell phone, so is there anything esle u could do with this language?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, depends on what languages you know already.....if you know XHTML, Java, C++, Perl and maybe Python already: sure, why not.....but imo it would not make much sense to get into WML before you´re skilled in other languages, simply because of the fact that WML is pretty "useless" if you really don´t plan to create site for laptops/cell phones. but well, on the other site it MAY become a big deal in the future, but this depends on how/which direction the cell phone technology is evolving. or you can learn XML first which is already a big deal, WML is based on XML (as far as I know).
:wink:

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Thats what i thought.
Ye it does borrow a lot of things from XML, pretty much the same syntax. It also has some commands that are similiar to Java, pretty nifty i suppose.
But for now, i will just stick to the languages u mentioned. I learned the basics of some of them just gota keep programming and experimenting to really learn them. but thats a problem cuz i am lazy, jk.
tx for reply