where to head 4m here?

Questions about programming languages and debugging
neo_aryan

where to head 4m here?

Post by neo_aryan »

i m a btech 2nd year student..computer science dept.4th sem... i have plans to make a career in network security.i have a considerably good command over c and c++ know something about coding in java and python..plus have knowledge about hacking stuffs theoretically meaning i know wat softwares to b used wat footprinting session hijacking etc are but have no idea were to head nextso that i can get a boost towards making a career in network security..pls pls pls anybody help thanx :?: :oops: to all

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: where to head 4m here?

Post by DNR »

The next step is to gain credibility - work regular Network tech jobs. You'll probably intern with a pro that has CISSP to learn hands on. Network solutions companies can have a wide range of services to offer customers - building rackmounts to setting up networks - this was the best place to work.

Network with those in the field, as you are doing here. They will help find a security position for you to start in - probably real-time network monitoring.

If you are up to it:
http://www.todaysmilitary.com/careers/c ... athematics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I don't know what it's like in other countries, but in America getting a job in network security requires a bit more then a degree and an understanding of 'leet speak'

Today, the job market is asking for 5 years of experience in networking and a Bachelors degree in Information Security. Having some certificates like the CISSP, or the LPIC doesn't hurt at all, even the A+ is better to have then to not have.

You should try to remember that when applying for a job, you are not trying to sell yourself so much, as you are trying to sell yourself better then the guy before you :D

So apply, study, and be persistent... hard work pays off.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Learn to type/spell better.

No offense but the key to selling yourself is good writing and speaking.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

You probably want to know some reverse-engineering as well, learn assembly for starters. It's quite essential if you want to understand viruses and the like.