suck-o social networking links added

Announcements and for questions/problems..
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

suck-o social networking links added

Post by bad_brain »

well, have a look to the left and you will see the social network links of suck-o I just added....feel free to add, like and follow! to be honest there is no information you will not also find here too, but in case you can not visit suck-o those will be the spots to check out to get informed about an eventual downtime, etc. :wink:

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: suck-o social networking links added

Post by ph0bYx »

As they say, desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm kidding of course, it's not that desperate, but let's face it, the modern world is heavily relying on the social networks and we'd be stupid not to follow the new technologies.

Although make no mistake, reader of this post, we still are one of the few last standing strongholds of the good old days of the internet and will remain so until the bitter end when the internet will be overhauled by retards. We have foreseen this way back and the prophecies seem to be fulfilling.

Stay strong my fellow suck-o-teers, stay true to yourself, wear the suck-o banner with pride and, most importantly, don't end up being another brick in the wall!

Peace!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

we always had the "share" buttons for news and blogs on V2 already. the YT and twitter channels also exist since a longer time already (YT even since 2009), so it was simply time to make some use of them and promote them in a more prominent place...
the only real use for frequent site visitors is actually only for emergency cases when the site seems to be down...twitter is a good way to keep people informed even if they are not linked to the inner private suck-o network.... :)

P.S. I fixed some bugs in context with that plugin today, now it's working 100% properly without any odd effects like the display of an empty module in the sidebar.

P.P.S. of course not forum- or other private content will ever be posted on FB or Twitter.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I still see suck-o as separate, old school - many people today use facebook as their 'all encompassing' site - news, status updates, blogs, - that is the marketing idea behind a social network site - to keep people there. Then - it becomes all too easy to identify people, to profile their life - its all on one site.

Suck-o has security, it is not connected into that social network, and if you were smart you never used your suck-o nick on any other site. If you avoid cross posting articles and topics, avoid using the same avatar, emails, and fake the profiles - you break the links people like me use to connect profiles and people.

Suck-o is also under the control of one person, a person we trust, a person that listens to his members, unlike facebook - under the power of stock holders, marketers, different departments, different leaders. That is worth a lot in security also.

Facebook uses it people, suck-o is a reflection of its people.
These kinds of sites are rare portals, many fading - as members gravitate to social network media - mind control...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, as I said, it's not an attempt to build a FB group or ego-wanking by getting twitter "followers"...I couldn't care less about that social dumbfucking...erm...networking....for me it's something to be abused for fun and profit.
in this case it's about SEO and providing spots to get info in case the site is not available...which happens not often anyway.
I actually don't even want you guys to post there (FB or twitter), for privacy reasons... :wink: