A suggestion.

Announcements and for questions/problems..
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

Can we have medals for sucko?

Or T-shirts?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

yes, no, maybe?

Post by DNR »

T-shirts, Webcast, Podcasts, streaaaming viiideo.

Gee B_B, I guess we are not so antisocial anymore.

I think they are all great ideas, and we should do them as well as written txts.

What sits in the back of my head is _Why_ are we doing this?
It just feels like a threat or danger lurks some where...

I certainly believe that B_B should be rewarded for all his hardwork, but some good intentions can be liabilities.

It also doesn't help much for some of us that may want to remain anonymous either, remember security through obscurity?

And as a ex-punk rocker from the 1980's, I can't help but to feel that we are going to be one of those many other hacking clans that sold out, went commercial and now are politically correct, so they can sell software or host paying websites - to non-hackers. POSERS!

So I donno. This could go either way. This could be another obsessive-compulsion project that we do for a while and then slack off again. This could be something that will increase popularity enough to satisfy every one's ego.

In the famous words of Jim Belushi in Animal House "Lets Do It!"

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

@ DNR,

Well tbh lately we have seen some good post information wise, but still I have the feeling that Suck-o can do much better atracting the right crowd that are willing to learn, and where people learn there will be improvement and if people are willing to share those improvements other will benefit and the circle will start again.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

K here is my one liner for the month ( added that for the extra sentence :wink: ) this is linked i would say to mabs topic he started earlier here

http://www.suck-o.com/modules.php?name= ... pic&t=4123

and i just wrote a shit load so theres my reply :lol:

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

My rebuttal is also directed as DNR.

This is a suggestion, and not a project with anticipation to put into action - as of yet. However, as far as I can tell this community was designed as an open and free community in which anyone can participate (within the rules, of course). With that being said, we are not so much a private 'hacking clan' like the Cult of the Dead Cow, or various other old school hack clans. There is no 'selling out' if your first intention was to build an active community in the first place, posting videos on the internet is just a means of attracting visitors to the site - I don't think anyone's ego is at play here. Certainly not mine, nor B_B's as it was my suggestion in the first place. As per commercialization of this site, I don't think that is the case otherwise we would be pestered with those gay ass banner ads.

A small project? No! Although, I had originally planned on making some videos on my own to post on my personal blog to attract some visitors - but I wouldn't mind sticking the suck-o.com stamp on it instead, or both for that matter.

Knowledge is free, and freedom is great. Why not endure that freedom, and spread the knowledge? Perhaps over time, we can get more people contributing to the project, creating their own videos? It will only help use grow exponentially with knowledge that we did not once have.

Anyway, again - that is my two cents.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, some merchandising would surely be nice, not for me to make money but to spread the word....ok, and because I want to have a nice suck-o shirt too... :lol:
but I think it would be the best to only sell it to well-known members....simply because money+strangers=trouble.

I have put this on the to-do-list for next year, I am too busy at the moment....and of course we need designs for the prints first... :-k

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Well if that is the case, I will start accepting donations to the "Help Big-E Buy A Suck-O Shirt Fund" in which case, if you donate $20 or more, I will give you a taxable receipt. (Ignore the fact that it will have some charitable organizations name on it, and not mine).

Anyway, all donations welcomed. ^^

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

As far as spreading the word is concerned, i think its cool if we can actually write exploits and PoCs exclusive to suck-o(writing exploits is like mental masturbation to me :lol: ) , obviously for educational purposes only, and we can explain how they work in texts(thats not really the fun part for me),
we can make videos of exploits in action.
But nothing can beat plain old texts

Regarding t-shirts, i am in process of signing a contract with a t-shirt printing company whose owner also happens to be a friend of mine, as we are launching a t-shirt selling site, Dustin is with me and he's the main designer,
Also the site will have an option for you to upload your own pic and get it printed on the t-shirt.
Same with mugs, and magic mugs(the one in which a picture will appear when you put something hot).
Thats the plan for the new year for us...
Cheers
:)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

t-shirt idea

Post by DNR »

Hey psuedo,

Tell your buddy to print up t-shirts that says
"Don't Tase Me Bro!"

that was a 'famous' saying emitted by the latest taser 'victim' on the news.

I get a free t-shirt if you guys sell 100 of these...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Re: t-shirt idea

Post by Big-E »

@DNR did you happen to watch The Hour with George Stromponobolis last night on CBC? (I assume being close to Canada, you get the CBC). If the first answer is no, but the second is yes, and you do indeed get The Hour - I highly suggest you watch it. That man takes a pretty sweet spin on the news.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

CBC, The hour

Post by DNR »

Yea, I get CBC, and I know who you are talking about, lets see if I can catch it after work..

DNR
-

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CBC, The hour

Post by Big-E »

DNR wrote:Yea, I get CBC, and I know who you are talking about, lets see if I can catch it after work..

DNR
I was in reference to the hour, due to "Don't tase me bro" being in his top ten quotes of the week. I assume you're in reference to the dude at the John Kerry speech?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Do you feel me man!

Post by DNR »

Yea, the Kerry Debate guy, thats all I know.
And CNN made it the Quote of the Year! LOL, I enjoy watching that video, anybody that goes to a presidental debate deserves to get tased lol.

What do you think a color photo of the X26 taser pistol and then the headline "Don't Tase Me Bro!" on a black T-shirt, then we could have a suck-o logo! I'd buy that shirt in a second!

Of course they tased him anyways :lol:

DNR
-

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

cool man, all ideas are welcome... If any t-shirt idea sells 100 pieces the person who gave the idea gets a free t-shirt...lol

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

i have some slogans:

"Sucko blowjob for the mind"

"use your head, there only is one bad brain"

"Sucko:crack that is good for you"

"Suck off!"