Suck-o Version 2.0

Announcements and for questions/problems..
lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

It would definitely clean the board up a bit, I'll throw a high five in your direction!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

New features added to the list.
We are still evaluating user feedback, so don't think we have forgotten about all the great suggestions from the community ;)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Well the board has improved a lot and I enjoy the many cool features like who is on IRC. Now I have not give a lot of thought into this so do not think that I am rude but I would like to suggest a few things. I would like to start with a minor annoyance if I could even call it that. Well the poll on the first page is really neat but I never know how long a certain poll is going to be up there. It would be nice I guess if there was like a time limit for each poll. For instance two months and there would be a countdown clock to how long it is still going to be up. That is just an idea.

Another thing that I have noticed is with writing posts. I have noticed that on some forums when you highlight some text and click on the italics or bold button the html automatically is added to the beginning and at the end of the highlighted text. For instance here the html code is always added at the end.

Now the last thing that I would care to mention is the "Mind over matter." Maybe it is time to change that because I do not see how it is in any way relavant to hacking. For one it does not say any thing about the site. How about lets say. Grey hat site...since I believe we agree that this site is grey hat. Or some thing like that. I really have not put much thought into this I must admit.

Any way a great site this is shaping up to be. Good work admins. [/i]
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Lyecdevf, to answer your questions, I can say the following ...

Indeed the polls will get a more centralized role in the future. But whether they will get a countdown or not is uncertain, since the polls have to be added manually.

The way the editing feature works when posting, will be changed in V2, and will meet those requirements that you stated.

Well, this is not a site that centralizes in hacking (depends on how you define hacking of course). We focus on all sides of computer technology. The "mind over matter" is a catchy phrase and is burned in to suck-o, so to speak. And changing it would be taking away something from the site, that has been with us from the very start ;)

Keep the suggestions coming! =)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Is syntax high-lightning for code in posts possible? It would be quite nice :wink:

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

I'm so excited to see this!

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Lundis wrote:Is syntax high-lightning for code in posts possible? It would be quite nice :wink:
That would be quite easy actually. Something along the lines of:

Code: Select all

code here
I'm sure there is a plugin or module for it somewhere out there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...