The world as we know it, has ended

Announcements and for questions/problems..
ayu
Staff
Staff

The world as we know it, has ended

Post by ayu »

The IPv4 addresses are now all allocated ...

<IPv6> Hold on citizens! I'LL SAVE YOU!!
<The world> YAYYYYY
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: The world as we know it, has ended

Post by Broken Angel »

Well last week I was like I should buy a few Private Ip and then this ](*,) ](*,)
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

broken angel, "a few" IPs are hard to get since a while already, you usually have to give them (ICANN) a good reason...."I need it for multiple SSL certificates" used to work, no idea if it still does now. but single ones should be still available without problems....IPv4 addresses are not really all assigned already, providers usually have whole ranges in stock....they are just not giving them away that easy anymore.

but of course you can get IPv6 ones instead, you can get whole IP-ranges, in most cases even for free....you just would have to get into the config a little to use them.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

for free sounds interesting and might as well try for it. The reason being the server thing that m dealing with and I think this might solve the problem if not permanently but yeah for s period that is good for me to learn ;)

and abt the IP4 thing :P well in India we give money and we can get anything so if my service provider has a range with him, all he might ask for us some green papers and then m with it in my pocket :D :D
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

Polynomial
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Polynomial »

As usual, everyone waited far too late before trying to get IPv6 capability to a level where it was a viable alternative. However, it's not too much of an issue for at least a year yet because it's only block allocations that have been exhausted. The ISPs should have plenty of spare IPv4 addresses in the block(s) they currently own.

Now all we need to do is get companies like IBM, HP and Ford to replace their bloated /8 blocks with smaller ones so that we can distribute the remainder as /16 blocks to hold us over until IPv6 is implemented fully.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Polynomial wrote:Now all we need to do is get companies like IBM, HP and Ford to replace their bloated /8 blocks with smaller ones so that we can distribute the remainder as /16 blocks to hold us over until IPv6 is implemented fully.
Word
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]