Spriter Pro - A very creative tool

All about graphics, sounds, etc...
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Spriter Pro - A very creative tool

Post by maboroshi »

I have been experimenting with this software, among others. The purchase of this for $25.00 was more than worth it to me ;)

I haven't been able to fully utilize it... I am still doing pretty bad at graphics work. But what I have been using it for in experiments I can see a lot of potential for this tool. The software is still in beta and they also have a free version. It is available for Linux, Mac, Windows. I came across another tool which seemed similar which was called spine

Anyway would be game developers/artists/companies for 2D I recommend this software if not to at least try it. It is also very well documented in the form of videos. check it out. :-)
Spriter enables the “modular” method of animating where, instead of each frame being a single complete image, it is constructed from many small, re-useable images (such as body parts). Each of these images that are used to construct the full frame can be scaled and rotated to further increase the “mileage” an artist can get from them.This modular method of animating offers many benefits for several aspects of a game’s development and the final finished product:
http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm