World of Warcraft? Is it worth it?

About your favorite games!
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

World of Warcraft? Is it worth it?

Post by Swan »

I live in the UK, and i am uncertain about the montly subscription costs. I also heard it is possible to make money in game, can this be like Second Life, transferred to real life? And if so, could it be possible to make enough to settle the monthly charges?

Most important of all...Is it actually worth it?

p99
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by p99 »

Google around. You can get a free 10 day trial of WoW. Some people will say it's the best game ever. But other people like myself will say it sucks.

I don't think you can make real money from the game but I could be wrong.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

The money you can make from the game is like farming gold and then sell it on ebay...
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

what in the name of the Virgin is "farming gold"?

How hard is it, and is it legal?

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

nerdzoncrack wrote:The money you can make from the game is like farming gold and then sell it on ebay...
told ya Baron!!

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

damn right brother!

Stay Solid!

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

No it isn't legal. The TOS specifically states that you cannot sell in-game items for real-world cash; however, this doesn't stop people from doing it anyway.

Farming gold (If this is right), is the act of "farming" where one kills enemies/searches for gold and gets on eBay or some such bidding site and sets up a bid for X amount of gold. It's not hard, but it's mind-numbingly boring.

If you feel like forking over whatever the equivalent of 15 US Dollars a month to Bilzzard for the ability to play a game that costs about 50 US Dollars in the first place (which is rediculous), I'd definitely try a 10 day World of Warcraft trial before.

I myself have played and (obviously) dis-like the game. Call me cheap, but that's just me.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I was stuck with the game for about 2 years....(addicted), stopped now though. It takes to much money and to much time to actually get good things in the game to do the stuff that matters :/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

gmz23
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by gmz23 »

no way it sucks totally not worth it i would never pay the money u can get guild wars free pre month and same dam thing no difference at least i think it same kind of game only bad thing highest lvl is 20 but other whys its ame thing i dont no why u would pay the freakin money it reatared maybe 5 per month but 15 that way to much for that game people go all out on it saying its so good and its not good and thats my opion

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

gmz23 wrote:no way it sucks totally not worth it i would never pay the money u can get guild wars free pre month and same dam thing no difference at least i think it same kind of game only bad thing highest lvl is 20 but other whys its ame thing i dont no why u would pay the freakin money it reatared maybe 5 per month but 15 that way to much for that game people go all out on it saying its so good and its not good and thats my opion

Start using "dots" . <-----

There is a GREAT difference in the game.....

I mean just the fact that in guild wars, when you go outside a city you are ALONE from all other players, and in WoW it's the opposite.

oh, and let this thread rest in peace ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

According to my brother it has gone down (from $15 to roughly $10).

I still dislike the idea of paying after already paying for the game software. Yea, I know it's to keep the servers running, but with the few million that play the game don't you think they're still getting a lot of profit? <- Rhetorical question; does not need response.

Anyway, yea, let this thread rest in peace.