Xbox 360 exploit?

About your favorite games!
Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Xbox 360 exploit?

Post by Still_Learning »

Maybe I can get some help hacking this thing, recently i got a western digital my book home edition, and could not figure out why it would not share my media with the other pc's on my home network, sometimes it would wireless to my xbox 360 but i had to change a bunch of settings and forgot what i did to make it work.

So i called western digitals tech support desk, the guy named "Joe" who had a heavy indian accent advised me that because it does not have a ethernet plug on the usb drive it can not be shared on the internet or via my home network. (Is that true?) I have a 40gb usb drive that shares perfectly within my home network any kind of file i want and it is connected IDE to USB, its an internal drive that i used a special plugin to make it usb which i used to back up my files before getting this new my book.

Anyways, the guy at the help desk advised me that i could directly plugin my book to my xbox 360 and it would work. I plugged it in and it showed all the directorys on my drive and all media.

I tried to save a game to it and use it like the regular drive that comes with the xbox and it did not work. :(

I wonder if there is some kind of way to back up games to my western digital usb drive and them have them load from the xbox without any hardware modding :?:

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

no, you would need to do hardware and or software modding to get this to work and then you would not be able to get on xbox live unless you had a mod chip that would turn on and off. however if you took out your xbox 360 hard drive and found a way to plug your hard drive into the same slot it just may work.
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!

visser

Post by visser »

to mod the xbox all that you can do at this point is to set yourself up to play games that you burnt for yourself. and to do this is generally pretty easy. you cant really fuck around with anything else cept the cd drive itself. just wait a bit as microsoft is planning on releasing a new xbox dashboard. this should totally change the xbox. and provide for better hacks ;)

and they can catch you if you hack. but they dont always catch you :P